PEAX Equipment

Bears - Trophy Rooms

I’ve only got one rug in my den, a 7’ Wyoming bear. Have many that would have made much better rugs but they take up so much room. I’ve given a few away and have a couple in my garage, but I usually just tan them. The skulls are neat. Here’s a couple pics of some of my hides.
4BD6809B-356C-4334-AFA6-5C0B19E25E79.jpegC4FD56CA-973A-4DCD-BB4B-D8394BCF4D8D.jpegC0036362-7CD5-43E7-AD42-4AF6702F5937.jpegC0D5AF88-8E29-488C-A011-8EBD434FF1E0.jpeg
681AE959-818C-4851-BDF5-5121E94B56B1.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve only got one rug in my den, a 7’ Wyoming bear. Have many that would have made much better rugs but they take up so much room. I’ve given a few away and have a couple in my garage, but I usually just tan them. The skulls are neat. Here’s a couple pics of some of my hides.
View attachment 137868View attachment 137869View attachment 137870View attachment 137871
View attachment 137875
I'd say you have a thing for brunettes..... that's sweet i like the hanging idea.

71JpJyFhhgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Since we can no longer import polar bears, I'll never have a mount like that.:(

And now I've run out of wall space, so the only bear that I have mounted was this rug of my first bear from many years ago when I lived in Colorado. I haven't even bought another bear tag in over 30 years. This rug does fit nicely in my stairwell.
7lx8LYrl.jpg

When you tan them like that, is the bear skinned the same as if you were going to rug it?

I was talked into buying the tag that turned into this rug by a young lady at the CPW office.....practically begging me to shoot a bear :) I got it as a "just in case" tag and it ended up being the only animal I took that year. He goes 6'6" and I really like the color. That being said, even though I am enjoying the sausage I did not care for skinning him and dealing with all the fat. Maybe I'll change but I think this may be my one and only. The bed he is on is a queen.

Attachments

• 287_1508984913227.jpeg
    287_1508984913227.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 67
  • GEDC1308.JPG
    GEDC1308.JPG
    968.8 KB · Views: 71
  • rug 3.jpg
    rug 3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
  • rug.jpg
    rug.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
  • skull 2.jpg
    skull 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
  • skull and pecker.jpg
    skull and pecker.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I was talked into buying the tag that turned into this rug by a young lady at the CPW office.....practically begging me to shoot a bear :) I got it as a "just in case" tag and it ended up being the only animal I took that year. He goes 6'6" and I really like the color. That being said, even though I am enjoying the sausage I did not care for skinning him and dealing with all the fat. Maybe I'll change but I think this may be my one and only. The bed he is on is a queen.
That's an awesome CO bear!

That's an awesome CO bear!
Thanks.....it is a strange thing as far as bears in CO in my opinion. We have a LOT of bears but due to the fall only, no bait/dogs, and other requirements not nearly enough harvest. For instance, the year I took my bear (2nd rifle season) there was only one other bear taken in all of GMU 26 (archery)......and there are PLENTY of bears in the GMU. These pics were taken just off of the back deck at the rental house we had here in the Springs before we bought(about a mile from where we are now). She had 3 cubs with her and they were out there most of the day eating apples off the neighbor's tree. She was a BIG girl.cub.jpgmama and cub 2.jpgmama bear.jpgmama bear.jpg

Thanks.....it is a strange thing as far as bears in CO in my opinion. We have a LOT of bears but due to the fall only, no bait/dogs, and other requirements not nearly enough harvest. For instance, the year I took my bear (2nd rifle season) there was only one other bear taken in all of GMU 26 (archery)......and there are PLENTY of bears in the GMU. These pics were taken just off of the back deck at the rental house we had here in the Springs before we bought(about a mile from where we are now). She had 3 cubs with her and they were out there most of the day eating apples off the neighbor's tree. She was a BIG girl.
Couldn't agree more.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back