Bears - Trophy Rooms

Little chocolate phase boar. Only one I ever had rugged, not so much the size or even the color just was a very “unique” day in the bear woods to remember. (Cripe I sound like Piglet talking about Pooh)
View attachment 181854
Got my rug back. Had the front paws mounted with the pads, but I didn’t realize that would make them look small on a rug. Also he shrunk 6inches. But his hair is still awesome and his head still looks pretty big. I will put him on the wall tomorrow
I gotta get away from traditional trim colors next time. I like the look of that green trim and the yellow trim. It’ll be fun to poke the pads every once in a while but yeah they take the size out.

I really like the look of this brown/tan trim. I just did black on mine because I didn’t like the red/green, but never even considered a brown or tan. Looks great.
Thanks, I'm super happy with it. The top layer of black felt smooths out the outline of the bear hide and the brown bottom layer gives it a nice highlight against the wall or floor.

Always thought the red and green felt look too much like pool and poker tables

Not wanting to derail the thread but quick question. I got my first bear the other night, and can't decide what to do with it. I didn't get a chance to weigh it due to having to quarter and skin in the field but it is just over 5 feet long with a small white chevron. Really thick healthy Oregon bear coat, and I am curious what others would do. Seems a little small for a rug, and also small for a shoulder mount. Considering tanning it and waiting for a big fall bear to rug. Any thoughts, I feel like the first bear is special, but also I know I will get on big ones this fall. Also to Tan, it at my taxidermist is over 700 bucks so considering shipping it to a big tanner in Michigan or something like that. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks!

Not wanting to derail the thread but quick question. I got my first bear the other night, and can't decide what to do with it. I didn't get a chance to weigh it due to having to quarter and skin in the field but it is just over 5 feet long with a small white chevron. Really thick healthy Oregon bear coat, and I am curious what others would do. Seems a little small for a rug, and also small for a shoulder mount. Considering tanning it and waiting for a big fall bear to rug. Any thoughts, I feel like the first bear is special, but also I know I will get on big ones this fall. Also to Tan, it at my taxidermist is over 700 bucks so considering shipping it to a big tanner in Michigan or something like that. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks!
I shot probably exactly same bear my first bear. Including the white chevron! I did a shoulder mount and don’t regret it. I have shot probably 20? Bears since then and rugged a huge one I got later and have life size large color phase bear mount being finished this month. I was glad I did shoulder mount on my first. 700 is highway robbery for a tan my local taxidermist does for 300. Find a new taxi that is more than double what it should be. Even if you drive it will be worth it

I shot probably exactly same bear my first bear. Including the white chevron! I did a shoulder mount and don’t regret it. I have shot probably 20? Bears since then and rugged a huge one I got later and have life size large color phase bear mount being finished this month. I was glad I did shoulder mount on my first. 700 is highway robbery for a tan my local taxidermist does for 300. Find a new taxi that is more than double what it should be. Even if you drive it will be worth it
Awesome thanks for the advice! Found a different taxidermist with awesome quality and lots of bear experience for a much more reasonable cost, think I’m leaning towards a rug because it’s a small small white spot but a super thick awesome coat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammerg
Back