Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bayed

Nope, you didn't miss it. It will start in mid-January and will continue until the floor of the Randy Room is clear of SWAG.

Randy, you can put me down for a pair of Kenetreks or a Leupold scope. :) Thanks! :) :)

Explain please

What is "BAYED'? Im new here and haven't yet discovered alot of the "language" and procedures. Do I have to go through a hazing to become a Sr member? You can't get much more Senior than 74 years?
I will work my way up through the ranks though. I already missed two deer this year for someone else to get..does that count? It's a pleasure to talk to some real hunters and outdoorsmen so if I have to stay in the grunt ranks that is okay with me.
Have a Merry Christmas all..

What is "BAYED'? Im new here and haven't yet discovered alot of the "language" and procedures. Do I have to go through a hazing to become a Sr member? You can't get much more Senior than 74 years?
I will work my way up through the ranks though. I already missed two deer this year for someone else to get..does that count? It's a pleasure to talk to some real hunters and outdoorsmen so if I have to stay in the grunt ranks that is okay with me.
Have a Merry Christmas all..

BAYED = Big A$$ Year End Drawing which = some cool swag Randy is going to send to my house for being the poster of the year :D

Do I have to go through a hazing to become a Sr member? You can't get much more Senior than 74 years?
I will work my way up through the ranks though.

I think you have to post a hundred posts to hit Senior status..........

Nah 'Kickin' ...it's kinda like sitting around the camp with all yer buddies that have already a couple/ three too many. It's mostly all lies & BS, except for me. I'm dating the Hottest chick these jokers have ever seen, or ever will !! ;)

100 posts?

Well I probably won't make it to senior. But, that's okay as I still love this forum and the OYOA shows. Hmmm maybe I post some pics of 60 years of hunting and embellishing and enhancing the truth I just might make it?

I second what Lawnboy says... Show us young punks how it was done back in the day!:)

Well I probably won't make it to senior. Hmmm maybe I post some pics of 60 years of hunting and embellishing and enhancing the truth I just might make it?

You are not alone Echo - maybe we could meet half way and between the two of us we could show some of these young punks how it was done without Sita gear, rangefinders, Goretex, 4 whlrs, etc. etc. etc.. I thought I was the only Ol' Fart left in Montana still trying to do what we did 40 yrs. ago with a lot less pain on the body. Be tough to show in pictures how we learned to do something or buy something without the aid of the internet though.

Hey Echo,Just for sh--ts Ngiggles !!What do you think about the way this country is headed and about all the new game laws?? If your anything like I think you are this ought to get really interesting!!

Okay you asked?

I have hunted Pennsylbania, New York, Florida, and Alabama..and of course Montana.
Pennsylvania has a two week season for Whitetail, 4x4 only and limited hunting area.
Florida has a good season with lots of game choices, but whitetails are the size of a goat.
New York has so many districts and non-hunting areas its a nobrainer not to go there.
Alabama has great Whitetial, Turkey and Hogs..long season..and a Buck a day for a low non-res tag, but it's mosty private property and food plots etc]
Montana has a long season for all species, lots of public lands and lots of private let open to hunters.
The western states can manage their game more effeciently because of the land mass, low population and access. The one thing I never approved of was the Outfitter license for non-res? Tied up lots of huntable land to private entities. I don't decry outfitting or guiding, but I believe they can, through good marketing practices still get paying customers?
I have changed my hunting habits..IE: lighter, composite stock rifle, use ground blinds for every specie and it works. I have learned to use blinds for Whitetail, Mulies, Antelope, and Elk. I still use scouting with cameras and on foot with high power optics. Have always used the EDSS system to get animals and it always works. Eat,Drink,Sleep and Sex..if you find that and have patience the animals are yours. Will post more later have to get a coffee..will get some pics together and post this week.
Echo7

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back