Barley Field Beatdown

Rat Fink

The best of the waterfowling season is upon us. I invited ExponentialPI and another buddy to join me in my coveted barley fields I have access to. The bulk of the birds arrived from Canada in the middle of last week. They will stay here the rest of the winter barring a major snow event or if the river freezes up. 10 geese in the morning and 21 greenheads in the afternoon. It was a great hunt with great buddies.

I'm already foaming at the mouth for next weekend.

Attachments

• DuckGoose Limit.JPG
    DuckGoose Limit.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 586
  • Cooterduckgooselimit.JPG
    Cooterduckgooselimit.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 597
  • Erikduckgooselimit.JPG
    Erikduckgooselimit.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 583
  • Dylanduckgooselimit.JPG
    Dylanduckgooselimit.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 587
So far this field has yielded 26 honkers in 4 hunts. Limits or close to it for every person every time. We have killed a couple really big geese in the 11 to 12 lb range but most have been your standard 7 to 9 lb goose. Saturday brought two of the big honkers to the bag. The mallards have been really nice sized this year. Lotsa fat and good eating.

The best of the waterfowling season is upon us. I invited ExponentialPI and another buddy to join me in my coveted barley fields I have access to. The bulk of the birds arrived from Canada in the middle of last week. They will stay here the rest of the winter barring a major snow event or if the river freezes up. 10 geese in the morning and 21 greenheads in the afternoon. It was a great hunt with great buddies.

I'm already foaming at the mouth for next weekend.

If you need a bird boy, let me know RF!

I'm old and slow but I deliver to hand.

:D

Three of you can kill 21 Mallards? Three of us can kill 12....three of us can only kill 18 total....WTF???
BTW.....not wishing you bad luck or anything, but freeze up and send them to ARK !!!

Three of you can kill 21 Mallards? Three of us can kill 12....three of us can only kill 18 total....WTF???
BTW.....not wishing you bad luck or anything, but freeze up and send them to ARK !!!

It's 2 degrees here this morning. No risk of freezing up. Gotta love warm water springs feeding the rivers and dams that create 40 mile stretches of ice free zones.

Pacific Flyway duck limit is 7. Once these birds find the barley fields, killing limits for 6 or 7 guys is pretty easy.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back