Banquet guns

Addicting

We attended a RMEF banquet last night and was sorely disappointed in the quality of the firearms there. We won one of the progressive raffles for a chance at a CO guided elk hunt and a Winchester Wildcat 22lr. Which has to be one of the ugliest 22s on the market.

There were a 3-4 nice rifles but most were plastic junk. The nicest was a Christianson Arms Ridgeline in 6.5PRC.

The tables had mostly plastic junk and hats in them as well.

I know each chapter has say over quality of what they choose to auction.

Are your banquets the same or is it all Winchester and savage cheapies?

Last edited:
I've won a handful and can say MOST of them were relatively inexpensive. I had 2 over and under shotguns that were decent. One VERY nice gun out of those two. I think it listed for $1300ish at the time.

Congrats on the elk hunt!!
I edited it to make it read better. It’s a progressive raffle, all I won is a chance. One chance per raffle held within the state. So I have 1 out of 18 odds of winning a guided elk hunt near Meeker.

So I’m not sure of the details, they didn’t print them anywhere. I really have no idea about any of it. It’s my guess that the hunt is like the guns, Cheap.

Last edited:
Yep cheap guns so they have more to give away.
I had about a hour conversation with the gun supplier today when I picked up the 22. They have supplied over 40 raffles this year. I asked about what ones do a better job of quality. He listed several in the state and said that the higher the quality guns, the more the auctions make. Guys like me with a safe full spend more money when there is stuff that we don’t have but have always wanted. That spending difference on tickets can triple the output of the raffle. Unfortunately, most the orgs choose the cheapest they can.

While I personally want quality over quantity you gotta look around the room and see who’s going to these. More often than not, it’s blue collar folks with kids and not guys with 50 guns in the safe.

My local MDF chapter doesn’t get a ton of guns donated so we have to buy them all. Not going to make anything to build Muley habitat buying a dozen $1000 guns

While I personally want quality over quantity you gotta look around the room and see who’s going to these. More often than not, it’s blue collar folks with kids and not guys with 50 guns in the safe.
This one is held in a well to do area of the state. The parking lot had over a couple million dollars worth of just pickups parked in it.

One guy spent over 4 grand in the live auction to get a 5 out of 6 chance at the gun of the night.

It was a Christensen Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC.

This one is held in a well to do area of the state. The parking lot had over a couple million dollars worth of just pickups parked in it.

One guy spent over 4 grand in the live auction to get a 5 out of 6 chance at the gun of the night.

It was a Christensen Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC.

I guarantee the your local chapter could use more help. Have you volunteered?

Ours did a good job this year some cheaper guns like the winchester 22. Wildcat and sxp 12 gauge pump, some middle of the road browning xbolt, Smith and Wesson revolver, and a few higher end Christiansons firearms and matthews bows. I was really impressed with the non firearm auction and raffle items duffle bags, packs, boots, liquor, custom knives, jewelry, etc. Got this elk ivory necklace for the wife on the silent auction.IMG_20230414_112042_01.jpg

Maybe they should auction off crossbows.
They had one and it did well for the amount of tickets it gathered. I put all my bonus tickets in it. Admittedly it could have been the bottom of the barrel too. I don’t know Jack about them.

Ours did a good job this year some cheaper guns like the winchester 22. Wildcat and sxp 12 gauge pump, some middle of the road browning xbolt, Smith and Wesson revolver, and a few higher end Christiansons firearms and matthews bows. I was really impressed with the non firearm auction and raffle items duffle bags, packs, boots, liquor, custom knives, jewelry, etc. Got this elk ivory necklace for the wife on the silent auction.View attachment 274860
They had 2 or 3 hand made custom items like this. They all did really well. That’s a nice piece I would have gladly bid on.

A set of nice sheds would have gotten my wallet out too but there wasn’t even one antler there for decoration.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back