Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Banner Year For Grouse

What is 24hr that is referred to in this thread?

24hour Campfire, it's another forum.. It used to be outdoor/hunting/shooting oriented. It gets less and less every day. 'flave, shrapnel, Rancho Loco and I are members there.

Edit: woops, didn't see Rancho's post just above this.

You might say the get off my lawn crowd are disruptive of civil discourse. Crossthreaded interpersonal grudges are the norm....and it is a free fire zone for liberal trollers.

You might say the get off my lawn crowd are disruptive of civil discourse. Crossthreaded interpersonal grudges are the norm....and it is a free fire zone for liberal trollers.

You folks are a bit too persuasive, I will look it up tonight to go visit.

You guys are too nice. It's where a bunch of senile bigots go to argue over which of their make believe guns would be best for killing minorities with.

I'm not exaggerating either, open racism is the norm on that site. It's disgusting.

I'm not exaggerating either, open racism is the norm on that site. It's disgusting.

Spot on. Who the hell has time for commenting or reading multiple forums? HuntTalk is as good as it gets, and the majority of the content, especially the political content, at the 24hr/MM forums is basically a voice-to-text of a Saturday night at your local municipal drunk-tank.

Back to the grouse. My wife made some broccoli-cheese grouse pockets the other day and I'm of the opinion that the Dusky Grouse is the finest bird meat out there, though I haven't run into very many at all this year.

I was there when Rick Bin first started 24hourcampfire. In fact I designed the logo for that site. At one time it was my favorite place to hang out. There are still forums there that I like. The Campfire Forum over there is NOT one of them. That is where most of the stupidity is spawned. Unfortunately it sometimes creeps it's way out of that forum into the other forums, or other sites like recently happened here. I like Rick Bin and don't wish him any ill will. There are some good people there. Folks have already mentioned that some of them that have migrated over here are good people and I concur. If they are here to talk hunting and fishing they'll enjoy this site. If they have other agenda's like Big Fin displayed in those PM's, to heck with them!

No agenda here, just sick of the BS'ers, crackpots, mental cases, stormfronters, and scammers that have overun the place. And that's when the forum even works.

No agenda here, just sick of the BS'ers, crackpots, mental cases, stormfronters, and scammers that have overun the place. And that's when the forum even works.

Not to mention the ads or whatever else it is that makes my browser run slow and crash

Back to the topic at hand; stump roosters. Just polished off two ruffs and a blue with a new lime/brown sugar/pepper/garlic recipe. So good, it caused me, at mid-meal, to grab the upland bird regs and confirm the possession limits. I'm going back after some grouse tomorrow, elk be damned.

20150929_170609_resized.jpg

What are those green things Randy? Sumpin' they eat in Minnesota?

Yeah. Weird, I know, but I love brussel sprouts. Never did develop a taste for rutabagas like the rest of my Swede/Finn family. I'd rather kiss the south end of a north bound donkey.

I know nothing about 24 hour campfire, but I do know where a whole bunch of blue grouse will be tomorrow morning. My brown girl and I will be there in there the morning. Antelope and turkeys are going to be kind of an interruption to the ridge birds this year......

Attachments

• IMGP0007.jpg
    IMGP0007.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 274
Thanks Randy and Mrs Fin!

I'll be up in Bigfork soon scouting for deer and hunting grouse with my daughter. Hope to put the recipe to use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back