Bad Experience

inpursuit

This is my first post but this experience is important for everyone.

Tried to buy a gunsafe from Sportsmans Steel Safe Company. Gave a deposit in March and received a voice message to send the balance and the safe would be sent along about May. Tried to call them several times and their phone was cut off I was told for non payment. Finally contacted them after their phone service was reinstalled they couldn't find my paperwork. Boy am I glad I didn't send them anymore money. I told the sales rep to just cancel my order and send me my money back. Said he would check and I would get a call from the owner the next day. Six months later after I had written them several letters and finally contacting the attourney general of California they responded. I just got off the phone with the son of the owner he told me there is no way he is going to send my deposit back to me. I promised him free advertizing.

I posted this here just because it seems everyone reads this forum. I am not saying don't do business with them I just wanted you to know of my experience.

BTW he told me he would send me a safe if I would just send him $3000. LOL.

that sucks--thanks for passing this along--just keep after them as long as you can and make their life miseable--hopefully you'll get your refund---chris

Did you order the Stealth model? J/K...thanks for the heads-up & welcome to Hunttalk.

What office did you order from? Did they offer any explanation about your money? Why they wouldn't return it? Sounds like there should be more to this story. I am not intending to doubt your word, I just don't understand how a company that does business like this could hope to stay in business...

:cool:

How did you pay for the downpayment? Seems like there would be some kind of trail to show proof of payment. I wouldn't let it go.

Danr55,

There is more to the story. When I contacted the California Attorney General's office lastg month I started receiving calls from Sportsmans Steel Safe Co. First was a customer service rep who told me he was going to take care of my problem. Problem was, he said, we don't have a copy of your paperwork. He then asked me to fax a copy of my receipt. I had to follow up after that. This is when I got a call from the owners son, who started off bulligerant. He asked what I wanted, I told him I wanted my money back that I had paid as a deposit on the safe. He said "You aren't going to get any money back, if I gave you any money my dad would kill me we just don't do that." I told him that with all the problems I had with contacting them after the order I was uncomfortable with doing further business with them. He then began to tell me how the phone company was at fault for their being disconnected. I told him that I was retired from the phone company and that someone with the phone company informed me their phone service had been disconnected for nonpayment. He then started making excuses of other kinds for their interupted service all of which were the fault of the phone company. Believe me the phone company doesn't disconnect a business or anyone else for missing a single payment. Anyway, that is another issue. I told him I didn't trust them to follow through with their delivery and I just wanted my money back. He became angry and told me that I wasn't going to get any money back. I told him I expected to receive the money I had paid as a deposit and discontinued the conversation.

I have posted this message on several other sites and there have been many who have responded who have experienced similar results. I just wanted to let everyone know of the experience I have had with this company so that others would at least have foreknowledge of my experience before they sent money to these people. Additionally, most who have bought safes from this company indicated the safes they sell are of inferior quality. Understand, I am not suggesting that anyone not do business with them, I just wanted to provide input regarding the bad experience I had with this company.

Let the buyer be ware.

thanks for the heads up.statisics show that people who are happy with there service tell 8 people on average. people who are not happy tell everyone they know.this just goes to show how the internet is changing everything now we can tell people we dont know

I gave Inpursuit our web address. I read his story on another forum, and his experience matched mine with this company. They are real scumbags. They take your money and then perform when and if they feel like it. They advertise in all the gun and sporting mags, so there are a lot of potential customers to rip off.

I gave them a deposit in November and was supposed to get it in 90 days. They are local so I would be able to drive there and pick it up. After 120 days, they had all kinds of excuses. Finally, in May, I was told it would be ready that Saturday. I made arrangements with a buddy to drive me there in his truck and pick it up. When we got there, we were told that the paint had been screwed up and that they had to repaint, so it wasn't ready. Another couple of weeks went by, and I was told it would be ready - when we got there, I was told that they had sold it to someone else by mistake!

The "son" finally told me that he would give me the better one that was the floor model for another $100...out of frustration and in need of a safe since I had sold my old one to my friend back in December....I gave him the money and got a safe.

Do not buy from them!!! I feel strongly enough about this to copy it to Fireside.

Back