Caribou Gear Tarp

Bad day for fingers

God bless those that need to learn things the hard wayā€¦

Last edited:
@mtmuley , I say that cuz its still been known to happen.
I'm really liking the Makita battery saws these days. I think they are safer than the cord saws. If binding occurs they don't jump around like the old ones.

Ripping 2x10ā€™s into 2x5ā€™s at the lumber yard for a large order being shipped to the local ā€œpre manufactured homeā€ factory, I was standing at the saw getting the leading edge of the board lined up to feed into the blade. Another guy dropped the next 2x10 into the end of the board being cut, flipping it up into the air, and throwing my hand towards the spinning blade. Devine protection had to have been in action to keep my hand intact.

I stepped away and sat down for a hot minute or two to allow the adrenaline rush pass.

Last edited:
This was a terrible thread idea and I just keep reading! Lol

When I was about 10 my dad was cutting the grass (we donā€™t mow lawns) and grabbed a stick to move it out of the way. The blade grabbed it at the same time and sucked his hand under the mower, lost the tips of the middle three fingers on his left hand.

My lesson from this is if that happens to let them go. Dad and the surgeon were insistent that they should be attached. He still has them but has a horrible time with that hand anytime itā€™s cold.

I buzzed the very tip of a finger once on my shaper.
Buried a chisel in my hand once.
Almost took a thumb with a fillet knife...with the back of the point. Went back to the fillet table after the stiches wearing a rubber glove to finish my shift.
I still have my old skilsaw with a screw holding the guard. Have not used it in years.

Well since we are playing show and tell my bad finger day was about 6 years ago now. Lost half my ring finger and flattened out my middle finger canā€™t tell in picture. Luckily they were able to save my middle finger. Mine were crushed in an extrusion mold that was locked in a cam track with an additional 2000 psi of nitrogen pressure DE41B357-0ABE-464E-97B1-B6E53AFCCFF4.jpeg

My dad was a shop teacher for 30 years or so. No missing digits, but countless times he came home with his fingers and thumbs all smashed to hell. The usual culprit was a 7-9th grade girl trying to use a hammer in some fashion. I've never seen him shy or tense up around any power tools or hammers. I suppose after a while you just get desensitized.

What happened??
I was pulling a bight of rope hooked to a mule through a trailer window. As I was doing it, I thought, ā€œThis isnā€™t a good idea.ā€ Right then, the mule and a horse, already in the trailer, had a disagreement and the rope tightened around my hand as it pulled it against the window edge. I am lucky I didnā€™t lose all of my fingers.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back