PEAX Equipment

Bad day for fingers

Well since we are playing show and tell my bad finger day was about 6 years ago now. Lost half my ring finger and flattened out my middle finger can’t tell in picture. Luckily they were able to save my middle finger. Mine were crushed in an extrusion mold that was locked in a cam track with an additional 2000 psi of nitrogen pressure View attachment 270326
Shocker!

Only a few years ago (about 1975) my best mate and I were bucking out a yard full of feral donkeys on his fathers farm. Mate had hold of this donkey up short by the halter while I had a handful of mane and was about to swing up. The donkey grabbed hold of my mates finger, reared up, shook him like a dog and wouldn't let my mate go. All I could do was grab hold of an ear in one hand whilst using my other fist to try to get the donkey to let go and stop dragging my mate screaming around the yard. The finger let go before the donkey did. It was just about dark but we found the finger in the dust and drove the 45 minutes to town. They couldn't save the finger. We were 15 then and are still best mates to this day.

Working at a gas station while in college, we had this old guy customer that sold firewood. Hadn't seen him for a while, but the next time he came in, the fingers on his left hand were all pretty mangled, all there, but none straighter than a dog's hind leg. Caught his hand in his log splitter, ouch!!! The guy was probably in his 80's at the time.

Saw a guy bury a skilsaw in his thigh. Back in the pinned guard days. mtmuley
Yeah that was my old man’s move too. He did the same thing back in the 70’s. His other move was running his utility knife down the side of a framing square to score aluminum coil stock and cutting off the tips of his fingers. He had the tips of the same two fingers sewed back on two separate occasions.

I tried to sever a couple with a table saw three years ago. Got incredibly lucky that one of the top hand surgeons in the area was the on call Dr. that day. Debrided, flushed and stitched it all back together on a rickety table in the emergency room because no operating rooms were available. Lined it up well enough it never had to be pinned.

finger1.jpg

finger2.jpg

Back