Bad day for fingers

Gellar

I’m sitting in the ER waiting room because a contractor working for me cut his finger with a utility knife and needed a couple stitches.

A guy just walked in holding Gauze on his fingers and a lady with him had gauze covered in blood in her hand. The nurse getting their information says looks like you hurt your hand and the guy replies I was shooting my crossbow and when I cocked it back the string released and cut my fingers off. The lady had them in her hand wrapped in gauze.

The only thing I could think about was emailing my state representative telling them this is another reason we shouldn’t have a crossbow season in Iowa.

No sense legislating against stupidity...We don't have motorcycle helmet laws and crossbows are legal in my home state...doesn't bother me one bit.
I noticed today Dawn has started labeling dish soap as "manual pot and pan detergent". Honestly the gene pool could use a little self cleansing.

No sense legislating against stupidity...We don't have motorcycle helmet laws and crossbows are legal in my home state...doesn't bother me one bit.
I noticed today Dawn has started labeling dish soap as "manual pot and pan detergent". Honestly the gene pool could use a little self cleansing.
Imagine what happens when the idiot pours the dishwasher tray full of Dawn. Anyone in the house shorter than 6' might suffocate on suds! 🤣

Last edited:
I’m sitting in the ER waiting room because a contractor working for me cut his finger with a utility knife and needed a couple stitches.

A guy just walked in holding Gauze on his fingers and a lady with him had gauze covered in blood in her hand. The nurse getting their information says looks like you hurt your hand and the guy replies I was shooting my crossbow and when I cocked it back the string released and cut my fingers off. The lady had them in her hand wrapped in gauze.

The only thing I could think about was emailing my state representative telling them this is another reason we shouldn’t have a crossbow season in Iowa.
I know a deputy in my county that got called to a finger that was found by someone on the mountain. A lady was shooting her crossbow and kept her thumb up. The string completely degloved her thumb starting at the start of her hand. He showed me the photo and was just a shell of human skin with thumbnail still intact with her pink nail polish.

Having worked in outdoor stores, I have never seen so many people get injured by something, like I have for crossbows.

THEY FREAK ME OUT.

It really is!! Hahaha this rapala was hanging off an oh shit handle in the work truck for months! my coworker got must have forgotten when he jumped out of the truck this morning and it didn’t curl a BIT. Straight down to the bone 😂😂 had to go to the ER and get it removed View attachment 270271
How you expelling that one to workmans comp? The claim officer might be a little skeptical.

Not liking this thread, brings back memories of 3 instances that stick out in my mind.
1. around 10yrs old messing with a giant snapping turtle - surprisingly still have my thumb!
2. as a teenager working in fast food joint sliced the living crap out 2 fingers on a tomato slicing machine - still have fingers.
3. 20yrs old and alcohol induced, stuck my hand in an industrial stand fan (Without a cover, Tom :p) - got sober fast and still have fingers.

Not liking this thread, brings back memories of 3 instances that stick out in my mind.
1. around 10yrs old messing with a giant snapping turtle - surprisingly still have my thumb!
2. as a teenager working in fast food joint sliced the living crap out 2 fingers on a tomato slicing machine - still have fingers.
3. 20yrs old and alcohol induced, stuck my hand in an industrial stand fan (Without a cover, Tom :p) - got sober fast and still have fingers.
Wow...memory jog messing with snapping turtles as a kid. Those ugly f-ers were no nonsense. I was warned, keep your fingers clear.
Grab em by the tail.

Friend of mine was catching material for a guy on a table saw that put his fingers into a dado blade. Said the sound was sickening. mtmuley
Yep, dado blades and joiners.
My FIL was pushing plywood through a tablesaw when it jumped up....not good to push the plywood down. Three gone.
Dude at the contractor desk ran his hand through a joiner...looks like Tester.

Yep, dado blades and joiners.
My FIL was pushing plywood through a tablesaw when it jumped up....not good to push the plywood down. Three gone.
Dude at the contractor desk ran his hand through a joiner...looks like Tester.
Saw a guy bury a skilsaw in his thigh. Back in the pinned guard days. mtmuley

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back