Back from Wyoming

174in

Hey guys just got back from Wyoming yesterday tues the 2nd from hunting the Oct 1st opener.We left for wyoming on sat. and scouted the day before season opend and had good luck. The first goat here was shot by my buddy on his first ever pronghorn hunt.He was able to shoot this buck within the first 10 minutes of season.He just about passed it up being so early and not thinking the buck was this big. Very good pronghorn for public land
goats.jpg

I shot mine at about 7:30 am after about a 2mile walk back into the public. I was glad I was able to find a shorter route that was only 1 mile to the public road for packing him out even though it was mostly up hill.Both the first 2 goats were shot around 5500 ft elevation
008-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

My dad had a battle with a rare form of blood cancer last winter so I was glad he was healthy enough to make the trip with me this fall.He did alot of walking in the morning around where I shot my buck but didnt have any luck so in the afternoon he moved about 40 minutes from that area and harvested this buck at around 2:00 pm
016.jpg

020.jpg

017.jpg

All in all it was a great trip and I was happy to bring a new hunter along that has never hunted in wy or for pronghorn and very thankfull that I was able to hunt with my dad another year . We had a great time and saw alot of animals. Some year when I have more time on my hands I would like to stay out there longer and try to find a big one but for now I am just happy I can go.

Sweet. I love pronghorn hunting. Congrats to everybody on the nice goats and I'm glad you got to hunt with your father. My dad and I have 3 points each we plan to burn in Wyoming next year. He has never hunted out west.

Great job, guys. Congrats to all of you. Hunting pronghorn in Wyoming is the most fun you can have, within the boundaries of legality and morality.

Glad you had a great hunt, congrats. Just got back from my 1st time and I'm hooked forever now. I think our 3 days of scouting was more fun than the actual hunt. The rut was going strong and it was just a hoot watching the bucks do buck stuff. What a great animal.

Back