Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Baby goats!

Did you turn them in to bummers on purpose or did something happen?

I pull them as soon as they are licked off/dry-ish, no sucking off mom. It’s just a pre-caution I take. I know this way they are 100% disease free. I do my do diligence to protect wild sheep. I am the only Pack Goat breeder that I know of that does this. They get powdered colostrum and powdered milk replacer. All my goats are a 100% disease free this way.
Matt

I pull them as soon as they are licked off/dry-ish, no sucking off mom. It’s just a pre-caution I take. I know this way they are 100% disease free. I do my do diligence to protect wild sheep. I am the only Pack Goat breeder that I know of that does this. They get powdered colostrum and powdered milk replacer. All my goats are a 100% disease free this way.
Matt
i always thought that there was a transfer in womb, certainly worms

i always thought that there was a transfer in womb, certainly worms

Most diseases need direct contact, they do not have direct contact in the womb, only after there sack is broken are they susceptible to diseases. i.e. I take them away as soon as they are born. Colostrum and milk are one of the main culprits in disease transmission in goats. I’ve done a ton of research. And this seems the most economic way, you can test them every month or couple of months but a goat breeder would go broke lol. Most test once and than won’t test for a couple years. All my goats came from clean herds or I raised them myself in the way I explained above. Also I worm spring, summer, fall so I don not get worms in my herd.
Matt

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back