Caribou Gear Tarp

B & C on Long Range Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again confirming that you are to hunters what Westboro Baptist Church is to religion.

Basically an embarrassment to all hunters when you do stuff like what you describe doing. Shooting outfitters gear, shooting ranchers water tanks, etc.... is not acceptable and makes all of us look bad when you do stuff like that.

How do you get embarrassed by me shooting holes in a some wood stoves left on My Public Lands?

I actually think Outfitters leaving their shit all over My Public Lands "makes all of us look bad".

Are you somehow thinking hunters should look the other way when Outfitters break the law?

Yeah, that is a war I want to fight....

How do you get embarrassed by me shooting holes in a some wood stoves left on My Public Lands?

I actually think Outfitters leaving their shit all over My Public Lands "makes all of us look bad".

Are you somehow thinking hunters should look the other way when Outfitters break the law?

Yeah, that is a war I want to fight....

You are right Jose. That is perfectly acceptable behavior and you should be commended for doing us all a great favor in that situation. Thanks and keep up the great work.

One thing's for sure, Montana is The Last Best Place and some would like to see it stay that way.

QUOTE]

You sir are the poster child for the fringe extremist hunters of Montana. I remember all your anti gay comments and bashing all different types of people and hunting on this site, even calling crossbows "gaybows" at one point. Most web sites would ban you for those type of comments as they are not acceptable. Comments like that are an embarrassment to the hunting community.

roadhunter, just curious - what part about B&C's position don't you agree with? Feel free to quote the portion that is out of line.

You sir are the poster child for the fringe extremist hunters of Montana
I like that Greenhorn. You should use that for your new tag line. :)

Roadhunter, please be kind. Some of us on this site are very sensitive and feel like negative words cause division among the unity of us hunters. We wouldn't want that now would we?

I was once generous enough to teach lesson to an Outfitter that left his camp equipment on the mountain one winter after he packed out. Assuming that having .338 holes in his 4 camp stoves and all his ropes and corrall wires in 6' pieces served to remind him not to leave his equipment on My Public Lands. :hump:

Do you think it is wise to admit you used a gun in performance of a crime on Federal land? Sounds like a felony to me.

Roadhunter, please be kind. Some of us on this site are very sensitive and feel like negative words cause division among the unity of us hunters. We wouldn't want that now would we?

Seems like there are regularly folks on here from Montana who are trying to rally suport for some sort of casue for hunters like the recent "rally for access"?
http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=253944&highlight=helena+hunters+orange

So what does bashing the folks who enjoy long range hunting really accomplish for things like "rally for access" and other hunting issues?

People aren't going to stop taking long shots and sponsors and tv programs will continue to focus on thsi type of hunting so nothing will be acomplished as far as stopping this activity.

It accomplishes the same thing as bashing hunters who go to places like Africa and Texas and hunt in high fence operations. Same thign that bashing hunting with crossbows and states with muzzleloader seasons accomplishes. Same thing that bashing hunting bears and deer with dogs or over bait accomplishes. Same thing that bashing all peole who hunt on ATV's accomplishes (see the recent thread). Bashing states and people who allow and use lighted knocks, etc...

Do you see a problem with being nothing more than some sort of extremist elitist hunting group that dislikes most other hunters in the United States and constantly drives a wedge between hunters who really need support in numbers to accomlish things?

Seems like there are regularly folks on here from Montana who are trying to rally suport for some sort of casue for hunters like the recent "rally for access"?
http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=253944&highlight=helena+hunters+orange

So what does bashing the folks who enjoy long range hunting really accomplish for things like "rally for access" and other hunting issues?

People aren't going to stop taking long shots and sponsors and tv programs will continue to focus on thsi type of hunting so nothing will be acomplished as far as stopping this activity.

It accomplishes the same thing as bashing hunters who go to places like Africa and Texas and hunt in high fence operations. Same thign that bashing hunting with crossbows and states with muzzleloader seasons accomplishes. Same thing that bashing hunting bears and deer with dogs or over bait accomplishes. Same thing that bashing all peole who hunt on ATV's accomplishes (see the recent thread). Bashing states and people who allow and use lighted knocks, etc...

Do you see a problem with being nothing more than some sort of extremist elitist hunting group that dislikes most other hunters in the United States and constantly drives a wedge between hunters who really need support in numbers to accomlish things?

roadhunter, I guess I'm not exactly understandng what your argument is. Are you looking down on those of us from Montana because we are willing to fight for public access and other issues that come about? You say that makes us extremeists, but really it's just us fighting for what we believe in. I think part of the reason we fight so hard for public access, public lands, and other topics of this nature is that we don't want to end up like the states that have lost all of those battles. I'd be willing to bet that Montana has more public access than most/all of the Midwest states combined (yes, I know we are a much bigger state). There is also an abundance of different game out here to hunt ie. elk, deer, bears, lions, moose, antelope, mountain goats, bighorn sheep....and tons of others. In some states there is one option....whitetails. The reason you don't see it in many other states is probably because there is very little to rally for. They can hunt whitetails on private land, if they can afford the lease.....doesn't sound like something we want in Montana. Based on the number of non residents that come out here and hunt every year I would say Montana is doing just fine, and the reason for that has a lot to do with the so called "extremeists" on this board.

Those people on here that take the time and fight for different hunter/conservation programs....THANKS!

Once again confirming that you are to hunters what Westboro Baptist Church is to religion.

Basically an embarrassment to all hunters when you do stuff like what you describe doing. Shooting outfitters gear, shooting ranchers water tanks, etc.... is not acceptable and makes all of us look bad when you do stuff like that.

I'm pretty sure I don't have a single thing in common with the in-breds of the Westboro Baptist Klan.

And, why would I shoot a ranchers water tank? He'll, I rarely see a ranchers water tank, as I don't hunt private land. I do sometimes find Welfare Rancher's cows stomping riparian areas, and, for fear of self-incrimination, I won't detail some of the ways to keep cattle from damaging sensitive areas.

So, please don't make stuff up.

Do you think it is wise to admit you used a gun in performance of a crime on Federal land? Sounds like a felony to me.

It is a felony to teach people not to litter on My Public Lands?

Please provide me the section of Code and the name of the Law School you attended....

Lmao...

If nothing happens, and those that embrace the technology to make shots in excess of 1,000 yrds continues, game animals will become to vulnerable to maintain what we have today.

The results are predictable, the wildlife we hunt will be easier to kill, making it harder for older age class animals to survive. This will perpetuate the shorter seasons that surely will follow and other types of opportunity will have to go to compensate for the ease of killing. More limited entry, which is less revenue for agencies that manage our wildlife. Less hunters afield will be less economic gains in rural places that rely on hunters for much needed revenue. Support for hunting will wain because of non hunter perception that we are all lazy and just want to kill things at long distances without giving the prey a chance.

Those of us that will be embracing the new technologies are dooming our youths of future opportunities that we all enjoyed. (We didn't need to shoot things at those ranges to be successful, but todays modern hunters like the fast track to success)

How can it be good for other accessory manufacturers of hunting goods to end up with a week long season in our western states? Goods will not wear out as fast. There will be less reasons to own the best equipment or the latest gadget if your only getting in a few days each season.

Last edited:
If nothing happens, and those that embrace the technology to make shots in excess of 1,000 yrds continues, game animals will become to vulnerable to maintain what we have today.

The results are predictable, the wildlife we hunt will be easier to kill, making it harder for older age class animals to survive. This will perpetuate the shorter seasons that surely will follow and other types of opportunity will have to go to compensate for the ease of killing. More limited entry, which is less revenue for agencies that manage our wildlife. Less hunters afield will be less economic gains in rural places that rely on hunters for much needed revenue. Support for hunting will wain because of non hunter perception that we are all lazy and just want to kill things at long distances without giving the prey a chance.

Those of us that will be embracing the new technologies are dooming our youths of future opportunities that we all enjoyed. (We didn't need to shoot things at those ranges to be successful, but todays modern hunters like the fast track to success)

How can it be good for other accessory manufacturers of hunting goods to end up with a week long season in our western states? Goods will not wear out as fast. There will be less reasons to own the best equipment or the latest gadget if your only getting in a few days each season.

Right on.

Trying to talk sense to a Montana proglodyte is a waste of time, effort and air. They all believe there is only Montana and no one else matters. (A true progressive attitude! ) Elitist demonicrats!
How typical of a republican. Starts thowing out insults when they disagree with somebody.
At least know how to spell when you try to insult someone.
Troglodyte is the word.
:mad:

I'm pretty sure I don't have a single thing in common with the in-breds of the Westboro Baptist Klan.

And, why would I shoot a ranchers water tank? He'll, I rarely see a ranchers water tank, as I don't hunt private land. I do sometimes find Welfare Rancher's cows stomping riparian areas, and, for fear of self-incrimination, I won't detail some of the ways to keep cattle from damaging sensitive areas.

So, please don't make stuff up.
Wow you really are ignorant. Do you really think the ranchers only have water tanks on
private property? Most of the cows graze on BLM land. That means public land. Just like
the land you shot up someones property on.
:W:

"The Club finds that long-range shooting takes unfair advantage of the game animal, effectively eliminates the natural capacity of an animal to use its senses and instincts to detect danger, ..."

It seems to me a lot of hunting we do, "effectively eliminates the natural capacity of an animal to use its senses and instincts to detect danger". Hiding in a duck blind, standing down wind behind a tree, coming over a hill slowly with a rifle are other examples. That's how we get them, by overcoming their senses and instincts to detect danger, isn't it?

"The Club finds that long-range shooting takes unfair advantage of the game animal, effectively eliminates the natural capacity of an animal to use its senses and instincts to detect danger, ..."

It seems to me a lot of hunting we do, "effectively eliminates the natural capacity of an animal to use its senses and instincts to detect danger". Hiding in a duck blind, standing down wind behind a tree, coming over a hill slowly with a rifle are other examples. That's how we get them, by overcoming their senses and instincts to detect danger, isn't it?

I think the key word there is "unfair." Of course that is subjective dependent upon the hunter, but generally I don't think your examples create an unfair advantage. Ducks spot blinds, winds shift and you can get busted, coming over a hill you can get skylined and spotted--I think those all fall within an animals capacity to sense danger and have a reasonable chance at escape. Flinging lead outside of an animals physiological ability to see, hear or smell you probably does create an unfair advantage.

How typical of a republican. Starts thowing out insults when they disagree with somebody.
At least know how to spell when you try to insult someone.
Troglodyte is the word.
:mad:

Not if one is talking about the typical Montana progressive demonicrat! But then with you most likely being one, your response is no surprise!

Strange how a post starts out with intelligent back and forth responses then degrades into politics.
I for one am done with this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back