Caribou Gear Tarp

AZ Strip Countdown

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well guys, the days are getting marked off the calendar. One week from tomorrow and I head south for my AZ strip hunt in unit 13A. Season doesn't start until the 16th, but I don't think anyone ever did harm be showing up four or five days early.

Season lasts ten days, so I hope with some scouting and ten days of hunting I can find something that won't make me the laughing stock of Hunttalk. I have had a lot of help from guys here on Hunttalk and will have some good help while I am down there.

Since I have set my goals unrealistically high, I expect to come home empty handed, but with a B&C smile on my face. Call me stupid, but I don't have to shoot one for it to be a success. Mostly looking forward to hunt in an area I have heard so much about and knowing the potential is there for something special.

Given all of that, don't be expecting pictures. Maybe some video of all the deer I didn't shoot.

This week can't pass by quick enough.

Good luck to all of you.

Here is a mid-July scouting clip of one we will be looking for. Wonder how big he was by the time he finished growing in late August? With a lot of luck, more luck than I usually have, I will be able to tell you. :)

That thing is a beast! The one to the right of him is even better. :D How will you know which one to shoot?

That's the hunt of a lifetime, Go get him.

It looks like your scouting trip was useful. DANG! Good luck. I'm jealous. It's not so much that you get to maybe bring home a big deer....it's that you still have a hunt coming. Both of my mule deer hunts are over. I'm jealous!

Randy, you'll have a great hunt up there. I have several buddies leaving tomorrow or Tuesday for the "B" side. I'm sure there will be a few good ones hitting the ground over the upcoming weeks.

Best of luck on your hunt, shoot me a PM if you have any last minute questions..........

Dare to be different, shoot something small:D

Good luck on the hunt....and pray the we get at least a little precipitation before then! AZ is about as dry as it gets right now.

Good luck Randy - may the force be with you. Take pictures of the hunt for sure.

Damn.....I guess I'd have some unrealistic goals as well. What an awesome buck! Good luck. You need to sound more optimistic! ;) Know it's gonna happen.

That is a stud of a buck. I'm not sure how much more growing he has? All I know is he already had enough growth then. Good luck on your hunt and I hope you find that bad boy.

Krap Randy !
If that lil feller aint big enough for ya, shoo him on across Kanab creek, would ya !
I guess it's time to start getting excited !

Back