Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

AZ Hunters Ed bonus point

It is a racket but they said that up front. And unless you’re waiting for hunts that take 25 years it doesn’t really help you. A guy applying for hunts that take 7 points and can draw 3 times in your 25 years doesn’t “really” need it.
I’m confused about what point you’re trying to make.

I informed him of the deadline that AZGF may or may not stick to. As far as “need” for an extra point, I’m happy for folks not to go get it if they don’t think they need it. It’s a probability thing.

Anyone else not have their points updated yet? I just checked and I have the new column but no updated points

There are 19 people with 25 points, missing the hunter ed point(res and nr). And 70 people with more total points. 32 was max in 2021 and nobody with more than 26 applied, I doubt many of those ahead of you are real motivated to spend $300 for a point they don't even need.
I guess I missed where they published which points those people had. That’s pretty good information.

Did my course back in Nov, see it posted now. As stated, it is in its own column in the “total” - have to scroll all the way to the right to see it.

Duh.

Put yourself in a non resident with 25 elk points shoes.

Every other non resident with 25 points now, that hasn’t traveled to AZ for the hunter Ed point, will have it in 1 day. And therefore they’ll have 26 - one ahead of me.
They were behind you. You had an advantage over all those people for years and didn’t take advantage of it.

There are 19 people with 25 points, missing the hunter ed point(res and nr). And 70 people with more total points. 32 was max in 2021 and nobody with more than 26 applied, I doubt many of those ahead of you are real motivated to spend $300 for a point they don't even need.
Except it’s for every species. Just cause they have that many for elk doesn’t mean they aren’t one behind or what ever for another species.

Lots of hunts he could have drawn by now.
Totally. I’ve hunted pronghorn in 2 great units and deer on the strip. My elk hunt after applying for almost 3 decades wont be like hunting here in my backyard. I’m not complaining about not drawing - I’ve always picked where I want to hunt the most. Sucks a giant moose @#)(# that every state likes to change it up so much on the sake of making a buck everywhere they can.

Lots of hunts he could have drawn by now.
Applying is taking advantage of points. Drawing is winning. He doesn’t have to have drawn to have taken advantage of his points. As long as his name was in the hat, he had the advantage of extra points.

As far as him having the chance to draw quite a few different tags by now, that’s likely what I would have done. I highly doubt that the top hunt in the state is the same one today that it was when he started applying, and it may not between today and when he does finally draw.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LCH
We had a wet summer and so far a good winter. Another winter rainstorm and an average monsoon and you’ll be hunting 400” early rifle bulls hopefully

Just found out I actually have 24 total for elk. This affects me a lot more, with that tidbit. Not 19, but 61 more people. At that point, I'd guess most of us are applying for the top early rifle units, and I might be in the grave before that clears out. Oh well. There's 120 nr that have more points than me, 97 with the same, and 61 that could pass me with this class.. Worse case scenario is in a couple years I could likely have an extremely good archery hunt.

Back