AZ friends in Wyoming

BuzzH

Four of my buddies from AZ came up last week to try their luck on pronghorns.

They hunted 2 days and shot 11 antelope, filling all their tags. The last day they hunted, I had to catch a plane for San Diego at 6 pm. Ron shot his buck just a few minutes shy of noon. I ran home quick, threw my clothes together and hit the road for Denver. I had about 40 minutes to spare to catch my plane.

We had a great time and the guys shot real well, capitalizing on just about every opportunity they had...heres a few pics:

Monty with two days he shot out of one herd. He shot one at 50 yards the other at 100.

IMG_3963.JPG

The next day, Monty stretched the legs on his 257 weatherby...602 yards on this buck, and I got it on video.

Montyant22010.jpg

Ron with his doe:

IMG_3971.JPG

Ron with his buck:

IMG_3973.JPG

Sonny with his buck:

IMG_3968.JPG

Looks like they ran in to a good de-resonator salesman. Good pics Buzz & congrats to your buds.

602 is a poke!

Come on Buzz, what is there to hunt in San Diego? Let's get back on track with the fall.

Congrats to your buds. The area looks just a little familiar.

Some good looking bucks, and sounds like a great time.
You guys are killing me with all these downed antelope.

De-resonator salesman....That is funny right there! We had a great hunt and mostly due to Buzz busting his butt to help us. We owe ya a big one for that Buzz! I might even buy you a de-resonator for Xmas............Anyway we saw a lot of critters and covered a lot of miles and it was all worth it. Hope we have many more years of lope hunting ahead. Congrats to you and Pat for the bucks you took this year! They are nice! AND the fish fry was excellent as usual! That Buzz can fry up some mean fish!

Monty

I agree with the Majority... Thats lots of Lopes...thanks for the picks... Psst.. Buzz avoid Mexico

Last edited:
Lots of good looking grub on the ground right there. Congrats to the hunters and to Bozz for helping his buddies out. From the look of the shot placement on that 602 buck, Monty knew what he was doing with that 257roy!

Back