Caribou Gear

Az Desert Archery Mule Deer

Larry Landgren

Here is the muley I shot with my bow today in the desert. He is not a high scoring deer but he is a old buck (7-8 years) some charactor. His left side is taller than his right, his face is real light and he has a roman nose.. I told my self with it being January I would not shoot a buck under 180" but when I saw him I knew he needed to die.

I glassed him up over a mile away and could not really tell how big he was because of the angle but decided to put a stock on him.. Got a few hundred yards from him while he was feeding down a ridge. I just saw his left side and decided what the hell. Tried to get infront of him and he busted me at 72 yards. he just froze up so I flung a arrow and hit him right behind the shoulder. He took off and piled up 80-100 yards from were I shot him.

Attachments

• January 2008 Archery 01.JPG
    January 2008 Archery 01.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 596
  • January 2008 Archery.JPG
    January 2008 Archery.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 637
Very nice Larry, great buck. What's up with your hunting clothes, it's Jan for cripes sake. Not fair, I will be bundled up and drilling holes in the water tomorrow.:BLEEP: ;)

thanks for sharing the pics....

Nice job Larry, congrats. I'm thinking about heading out in the A.M. to look for a buck or two. Was this buck with does or solo?

Nice job Larry, congrats. I'm thinking about heading out in the A.M. to look for a buck or two. Was this buck with does or solo?

Stan this buck was solo. He smelled like a rutty buck real bad and he was actually kinda skinny like he had been chasing ass for awhile.

Congrats! I was wondering if you noticed anything wrong with either of his legs on the left side? Offside leg injuries can cause some difference in antler growth. Just curious.

Neat buck. I really need to head down to AZ and do this in the next couple years.

Congrats! I was wondering if you noticed anything wrong with either of his legs on the left side? Offside leg injuries can cause some difference in antler growth. Just curious.

I did not notice anything with his legs. atleast nothing that was noticable

Thanks, was just curious. My dad shot a whitetail some years back that had a perfect 4pt antler on the right side, but a small, claw looking 3pt antler on the left. At the processors we noticed an old injury to the back right leg.

Thanks, was just curious. My dad shot a whitetail some years back that had a perfect 4pt antler on the right side, but a small, claw looking 3pt antler on the left. At the processors we noticed an old injury to the back right leg.

Like what happens when one take a bullet to the ass the year prior?;)
attachment.php

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back