AZ deer 2018

BuzzH

Got home from deer hunting in Arizona barely in time for Christmas.

As usual, it was a great time down there and IMO, Arizona does a good job of balancing quality hunting with opportunity.

I did this hunt solo and was equally rewarding and challenging at the same time. My worst day I saw 4 bucks and a total of 23 deer my best day 16 bucks and 62 total deer.

I would argue that Coues deer are the most challenging deer species to hunt in North America. They aren't real easy to glass, they often don't stay put for long periods of time, are very patient, and on edge more than most deer I've hunted.

Anyway, a few pictures.

This guy flew into my wall tent and hung out for about 20 minutes, never seemed too concerned.

IMG951855.jpg

Couple small bucks sparring one afternoon:

IMG951875.jpg

Evening glassing spot...lots and lots of deer in this area:

IMG951888.jpg

Decided this one was good enough with the clock ticking:

IMG951914.jpg

IMG9519262.jpg

One last photo, and I cant wait to do this hunt again.

IMG952004.jpg

Looks like a nice buck. I did that hunt last year for the first time and can't wait to go back.

Very cool. Congrats! I've got quite a few points in AZ that I'd like to do a coues hunt on. Might have to get your thoughts on it when I get serious about going.

That's awesome! Looks like a great way to spend December. Cool looking buck. You've still got time to get on a plane to SE Alaska and get a deer slam in for the fall.

Thanks for sharing! I agree with Randy11. Go finish the deer slam...

I need to chase those little guys one day in the near future. Been threatening to do it for years.

Great buck, looks like a fun trip.

Sounds like a great hunt. Thanks for posting. I hope to do the AZ OTC hunt day.

Sounds like a fun trip! Round-trip tickets to AZ are pretty cheap out of Missoula. I might have to take a trip down there one of these years.

Great pictures! Man I’d love to do this trip someday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back