Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

Has something changed where now the 3D map is only available with Elite?

I have a premium subscription.
This morning I could use the 3D viewing function, this afternoon it is saying it’s locked and I need to upgrade to use that feature???
There have been no recent changes to 3D. It is still available to both Premium and Elite users. If you try logging out of your account and back in, does that fix the issue for you?

@onX Hunt How do i remove the weather button that almost always tells me wrong wing and direction. If i hit it by accident it zooms me way out and then takes significant time to get back to what i was looking at. Dont even want weather option, how do i turn it off its a PIA for me and my gloved hands.
At this time, you are not able to remove the weather button from the map on your end, but we appreciate your feedback on that and we'll pass it along to our Engineering folks on this end.

Anyone know why my phone seems to think I'm not an elite member anymore, even though logging in on my laptop confirms that I am..?

I realized when I went to download an offline map on my phone and it wouldn't let me. I could do it on the laptop though.
Can you double check that you are on the most up to date version of the App? We did have a bug that was causing some issues like this, but if you can go update your app in the App Store, you should be good to go now.

This is most likely an issue with the compass on your phone. First thing to do is check your compass app on phone. That should match what you are seeing in onX. If the compass on your phone is off, you can try calibrating it. To calibrate your compass on an iPhone, open Settings> Privacy & Security> Location Services> System Services> Compass Calibration. Turn that Calibration switch off and on (Sometimes you may need to toggle it a few times) Then double check your compass on your phone. If it is still not accurate, that indicates there is a larger problem with the internal compass on your phone.
Or, if you're wearing a bino harness with a magnetic closure, that messes with the phone compass as well.

Love onX but for some updates, it would be nice to change the color of the public land polygons as the green WPA's (or other green public lands) blend into the aerial photos until you zoom in more

the ability to have labels of waypoints/user created features to turn on at a certain level

Hey onX…. Been in central colorado almost constantly during archery, my offline maps would place me in western Montana, near whitefish. as much as I want teleportation to work. I would like to know how close I am to the bull I bedded. Anyone else have this glitch?
Cheers

Love onX but for some updates, it would be nice to change the color of the public land polygons as the green WPA's (or other green public lands) blend into the aerial photos until you zoom in more

the ability to have labels of waypoints/user created features to turn on at a certain level
That is good feedback, thank you! We'll make sure to pass that along to our engineering and mapping teams.

Hey onX…. Been in central colorado almost constantly during archery, my offline maps would place me in western Montana, near whitefish. as much as I want teleportation to work. I would like to know how close I am to the bull I bedded. Anyone else have this glitch?
Cheers
onX pulls your location data from the GPS receiver on your phone. If your blue dot on the map was showing in Montana, but you were in Colorado, that indicates a likely issue with your GPS receiver. There are a couple of apps you can download to test your GPS signal. On iOS, we like the GPS Status App. On Android, we've had success with the GPS Tester App. Those should both give you a good indication of how accurately your GPS receiver is able to display your location. If that shows your GPS is working normally, but your onX location is still off, shoot us an email and our Customer Support team will take a deeper look at your account. Our email is [email protected].

onX pulls your location data from the GPS receiver on your phone. If your blue dot on the map was showing in Montana, but you were in Colorado, that indicates a likely issue with your GPS receiver. There are a couple of apps you can download to test your GPS signal. On iOS, we like the GPS Status App. On Android, we've had success with the GPS Tester App. Those should both give you a good indication of how accurately your GPS receiver is able to display your location. If that shows your GPS is working normally, but your onX location is still off, shoot us an email and our Customer Support team will take a deeper look at your account. Our email is [email protected].
Thank you! I upgraded last week to an iPhone 14 so hopefully the glitch was in the old phone and is no longer an issue I appreciate the prompt reply

I swear there used to be a feature that showed deer density. Was that feature removed or am I missing it?

Can you double check that you are on the most up to date version of the App? We did have a bug that was causing some issues like this, but if you can go update your app in the App Store, you should be good to go now.
I updated it and the problem persists.

What are these "restricted area" polygons? They are part of the Gov Lands layers for each state. For example in Wyoming deer area 146 there is yellow/green polygon. Screenshot_20231015_075305_onX Hunt.jpg
And when you zoom in on the yellow/green line it looks like this:
Screenshot_20231015_075336_onX Hunt.jpg

What are these "restricted area" polygons? They are part of the Gov Lands layers for each state. For example in Wyoming deer area 146 there is yellow/green polygon. View attachment 297121
And when you zoom in on the yellow/green line it looks like this:
View attachment 297122

Except that that polygon I showed is entirely on national forest, and my "possible access" layer is turned off. The restricted polygons are linked with the WY Gov Lands layer. I found similar areas in ID that are linked with ID Gov Lands layer.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back