Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

the Onx boundary between 410 and 700 appears imprecise and causing conflict. The fwp regs set the boundary as the river but onx boundary follows the pre2013 river channel.

It would be helpful if Onx could review and correct.

the Onx boundary between 410 and 700 appears imprecise and causing conflict. The fwp regs set the boundary as the river but onx boundary follows the pre2013 river channel.

It would be helpful if Onx could review and correct.
We get our unit boundary data directly from FWP every spring, so I would suspect that the data they are sending us is showing the pre-2013 river channel as well. I'll pass this along to our geospatial folks and see if they can reach out to FWP to see if they have a more up to date boundary for that area.

Custom shapes/polygons would be pretty cool also
I will pass along your request for custom offline maps to our mapping team.

On the Web Map, you can use the Area Shape Tool and then click free draw to create a custom shape on your map.

We get our unit boundary data directly from FWP every spring, so I would suspect that the data they are sending us is showing the pre-2013 river channel as well. I'll pass this along to our geospatial folks and see if they can reach out to FWP to see if they have a more up to date boundary for that area.

Looks like Fwp pulls from cadastral which has a line following the old river channel as the boundary. But if you look at the taxing geo code, the new river becomes the boundary- east is taxed into Garfield co, west is taxed into Petco. The old line is in error.

Just talked to a guy at onx and got some great help on a chip for my old unit.
He didn't need to, but gave me suggestions to deal with my old tech
tht I am clinging to. Much appreciated

@onX Hunt
Google earth gives degree/minute/second location when dropping a pin. When I put those numbers into OnX search why does OnX tell me the specific location ends up in Washington state, and not Kansas?

@onX Hunt
Google earth gives degree/minute/second location when dropping a pin. When I put those numbers into OnX search why does OnX tell me the specific location ends up in Washington state, and not Kansas?
Are you able to send me the coordinates that you are searching for in onX (If you'd rather not post them publicly, send in a dm). That will help me to look into this issue on my end.

Not sure if this has been asked already. Why does my onX show the corners roughly 3 feet +or- from the actual land markers??

The GPS accuracy of your phone is not even that accurate. OnX can only get you as close as your phones gps can.
It can be enlightening to put your Onx into tracking mode, and then leave it on the picnic table for several hours while you do chores. When you check the track, you won't believe how much your table was running around while you wre gone.

The GPS accuracy of your phone is not even that accurate. OnX can only get you as close as your phones gps can.
Ive noticed it not with just my phone but also my garmin rino gps. It would be nice to know which is correct, the marker or the gps.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jjoner
Back