NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Ask an Aussie Hunter any question!

Is Australia really awesome place to reside and hunt?
Matt

Yes i think so, nearly every game animal you can hunt doesn't require a tag, you can just go and hunt them when the season is open and on public land.
You pay your hunting license which is about 80 bucks a year and your set to go. ducks, deer, vermin etc

Is Cairns ( where the rainforest meets the barrier reef ) and Tasmania still as lovely as they were 30 years ago ?

Are people still paying to see "Ayers Rock" and why ? (-:

Cairns is ok... much better places to visit.
Tassie is awesome, i shoot the state DTL titles there every year and love going back there.
Cant climb the rock anymore as the aboriginals protested and the government shut it down. You can still drive up and walk around it :(

If I ever hunted there, I would like to hunt water buffalo, scrub bull, camels, and kangaroo. How difficult is the process to hunt these critters without a guide? Is it even possible? Can it be done on public land? Thanks!

Kanagaroos are protected but most farmers have cull permits to shoot thousands,
buffalo can be shot if you have access to land in QLD, NT but its a bit tricky to get that access.
Scrub bull same deal a little bit easier but normally they are on large farms, when i say large i mean hundreds of thousands of acre type farms..
camels yes in WA can be shot on public land

All can be done without a guide but the areas they live in are extremely remote and unless you were quite familiar with the area i would recommend a guide.
Kangaroos if you have a mate with a farm you would be set, you could wear out a barrel in a week if you shot every night on some of the big farms :)

Why is kangaroo hunting not widespread and common. To me this would be like if deer hunting in US were prohibited.

its an interesting question, probably because its on our national emblem... but i agree they should be free range due to the numbers of them getting around and how quickly they breed

Kanagaroos are protected but most farmers have cull permits to shoot thousands,
buffalo can be shot if you have access to land in QLD, NT but its a bit tricky to get that access.
Scrub bull same deal a little bit easier but normally they are on large farms, when i say large i mean hundreds of thousands of acre type farms..
camels yes in WA can be shot on public land

All can be done without a guide but the areas they live in are extremely remote and unless you were quite familiar with the area i would recommend a guide.
Kangaroos if you have a mate with a farm you would be set, you could wear out a barrel in a week if you shot every night on some of the big farms :)
Have you ever eaten kangaroo? How do they taste?

I've heard for years Aussie women prefer Yanks. ;)
Care to elaborate ?

Na that's false, its the other way around ;)
When i was over in Carlsbad down near San Diego a few years ago for work, i made it my mission to get out every night and experience the locals! The ladies were very friendly towards my aussie accent. Needed a stick to keep them away.

When i was over in Carlsbad down near San Diego a few years ago for work, i made it my mission to get out every night and experience the locals! The ladies were very friendly towards my aussie accent. Needed a stick to keep them away.
I get it...a regular Outback Jack.
Funny series for a brief while.

Australia has something like 8 of the 10 deadliest snakes on the planet. That’s enough to keep me away from the bush there!

That's amusing, my English accent confused them, they thought I was an Aussie :LOL:
Cheers
Richard

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back