Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

As the World Turns Innocent or Guilty

ELKCHSR

Accuser Told School Dean He Was Not Abused
Lawyer Suggests Exile From Neverland Was Motive for Accusation
By LINDA DEUTSCH, AP

Attorneys for Michael Jackson suggest his young accuser fabricated his story of molestation out of anger.

SANTA MARIA, Calif. (March 15) - Depicting Michael Jackson's accuser as vengeful and angry over being evicted from the Neverland Ranch, the pop star's attorney suggested that the boy made up a story of abuse to get even.

Under cross-examination, the boy's testimony consumed a full day on the witness stand Monday. He also was confronted with his own statements to a school official that Jackson ''didn't do anything to me.''

Prosecutors allege Jackson, 46, plied the boy with alcohol and molested him at Neverland in 2003. The child molestation trial was expected to resume Tuesday.

Jackson, who was threatened with arrest last week when he failed to appear in court on time, arrived on schedule Monday. He wore a stylish red jacket with a black armband and black slacks.

The boy, now 15, said he envisioned a future with Jackson as a mentor. But the Neverland idyll that began when the boy had cancer ended with the family being delivered by limousine to a grandmother's house.

When the time came to leave, the boy acknowledged, his mother was anxious to go but ''I wanted to stay there.''

Earlier, the teenager was asked about conversations he had with Jeffrey Alpert, the dean at John Burroughs Middle School in Los Angeles, where the boy had a history of acting up in class.

Defense attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr., in cross-examination, quoted Alpert as telling the youngster: ''Look at me, look at me... I can't help you unless you tell me the truth - did any of this happen?''

''I told Dean Alpert he didn't do anything to me,'' the boy said. ''I told him twice.''

Jackson was indicted in 2004 after an investigation prompted by the broadcast of Martin Bashir's documentary ''Living With Michael Jackson,'' which showed Jackson with the boy at Neverland. The program triggered controversy because Jackson acknowledged he let children sleep in his bed.

Striking at the heart of the prosecution's allegations of child molestation and conspiracy, Mesereau displayed a video tribute by the boy and his family in which they credited Jackson with changing their lives and helping to cure the boy of cancer.

The video had already been shown in the trial twice. This time, Mesereau stopped it repeatedly to ask if the boy and his family were lying. In most instances, the boy said they were speaking the truth.

''Michael was nice to me,'' the boy testified. ''I felt like he was a father to me.''

Prosecutors allege Jackson's associates had the boy's family make the video after the broadcast of an infamous documentary in which Jackson said he allowed boys to sleep in his bed. The prosecution claims the rebuttal video was staged and scripted.

Mesereau noted that the accuser initially told the prosecutor he was molested before the making of the rebuttal video rather than afterward.

Asked when the conversation with Alpert occurred, the boy said: ''I believe it was after I came back from Neverland.''

It was not clear in court why the dean asked him about Jackson.

Also Monday, the accuser spoke warmly of Jackson's children, Prince and Paris, and said he considered them a brother and sister. But the tone changed when the boy testified of his exile from Jackson's estate.

''When you left Neverland for the last time, you felt your father, Michael Jackson, had rejected you,'' Mesereau said.

The boy bristled, ''I didn't need him. I didn't want him. I didn't feel I was rejected because I had my own real father now,'' referring to a man who would later marry his mother.

Jackson sat motionless across the courtroom, watching the boy testify.

The teen also denied he ever spoke to Jay Leno but said he once placed a call to the comedian from a hospital and left a message on an answering machine. The defense, which claims the family sought to get money from celebrities, has said Leno alerted police after a call from the boy because he thought the family was looking for a ''mark.''

Michael Jackson is an above the law freak and the plaintiff's mother is a blatant opportunist who should be charged with negligence and child endangerment for pimping her children. They should have to share the same cell.

I don't like Michael Jackson, but I don't see how he can be found guilty when there is absolutely no evidence. Or am I missing something? What proof is there that he did this, other than what the boy says? :confused:

It's getting pretty bad if somebody can be convicted on only the word of a little boy. I wonder how they even had enough evidence to bring it to trial. Also it seems to me that even if the charges are true, how is putting the boy through all this going to help him? I would think he would want to put it behind him, instead of having it be known by the entire world.

I am SURE the astard is Guilty and I just wish someone would put him in jail. What I do not understand is WHY DO THESE PARENTS KEEP LETTING THIER CHILDREN GO TO HIS HOUSE....

What is it Ya my child is rapped but hey at least I can make a few million sueing him

You guys are right about the lack of evidence. We have a ton of kids around here, that I would like to take fishing, or hunting, but the way they throw accusations around. I won't do it. If all it took was finding some girly magazines in Jacksons house, I would be guilty. I think the if the charges are true, the mother should be in the cell with him. In my heart I think he is guilty, who else sleeps with little kids.

Well, for one, u odnt have kids sleep in ur bed, for2 how many times they gonna cover em, i mean if he were smart he wouldnt let em go to house i mean he should think hey i am rich some kids might do this, this kid has cancer i been accused many times maybe h just mad maybe cancer just mad him say stupid chit but ur right if they had enough bring it to trial i would defintally say michaels guilty i do think he is molester i htink he likes doin it becouse he keeps let em go nito his bed also they are boys kinda makes ya think i bet if someone let their daughter sleep over wiht em he prob wouldnt maybe he would eihter way i AM NOT AGREEING WITH MJ, i htink he is 100percent guilty i know sometimes magazines make chit up but this is video thse is kids why would kid say that i know why he had it done to em i remember first kid a good friend of mjs slept over and also said ithappen to him wich i tohught i believe it now more man how dumb u to do that if u is guilty i highly doubt it dontlet kids sleep over again :eek:

I think the evidence which was enough to bring this to trial came from the singer's own mouth in that Bashir interview. They'll need a lot more than that though to get a conviction.

Has anyone seen the reenactment they are doing on E? Accidently caught a bit of that last night. Creepy!

I thought with this whole trial thing there were a lot of little boys? I mean they can't just find him not guilty becuaes one kid made it up, can they? Either way I don't like him very much. I didn't like him when he was younger and was all about music, and like him alot less now.
However I did like the song he did for the movie Free Willy, that was/is a good song.

Well that's just my .02 worth, and I haven't really been following the trial either.
Quick Draw

The newest news on the radio today was that the "victim" was telling people that he told a fib, he didn't want to have the kids at school making fun of him :rolleyes:
They will make less fun of him if he is and adults play toy?
The adults around him would more then likely given the kid some room, but kids are cruel little creatures when it comes to the pecking order. Just go to the SI section, it is alive and well in a place any one with out children can use as reference, pretty much any time day or night. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back