Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

As soon as the mail runs....

DRAFTSTUD

We are leaving for a short trip up to Heber Spring, Arkansas to the Little Red River for a Trout fishing trip and a chance to get away from this heat. With my son playing American Legion Baseball, the chances to do anything have been real slim. And they start school August the 15th!!!!!!!!!! Hope ya'll get out and do something fun with your love ones. John

Well, we got to go to Heber Springs, AR for a quick Trout fishing excurision. I got our brown Jeep's springs re-arched 2 1/2" and put a set of 31s on some mag wheels and towed it up there as a spare vehicle behind the motorhome to tool around once we got there. I kept getting turned around by all the little towns and a general lack of "John turn Here!" signs!!!!! We got up there around 5:30 Thursday, in time to check into Lindsey's Rainbow Resort. We ate at the resturant that evening....Fried Catfish, real good!
The next morning we went to our boat, designed for a double jointed skinny guy named Clem, My name is not Clem! The first day we did'nt do too good. The next day we tore them up, I found a deep hole and we Carolina Rigged up some Wax worms tipped with a small marshmellows and probably caught around two dozen! My son Travis and my grandson Mike caught a few more later when the water was higher. We saw some Bald Eagles and had to buy new bait after the Raccoons cleaned up our boat for us!!!!!!!!! The water was real cold and was a change of pace from all the heat we have been having here at home. I also got to see the replica of the World record Brown Trout..40 1/4 pounds caught on 4 lb. test!!! John

I've taken a few motorcycle trips through Arkansas and have yet to experience a bad restaurant. ;) Pretty country and friendly folks.

Post some pictures. I am still bummed i had to sell my land there.

Back