San Rafael, Dirty Devil, Ram (kinda long again)

Congratulations on a great ram ! Thanks for sharing with us. Seeing all these successful sheep stories is getting me excited to go help on some sheep hunts here shortly as well as the hopeful thought of having a chance to draw a tag this upcoming application season.

Late to this one.
Wow. What a hunt.
I've spent enough time in country like that to understand the challenges...no straight line.
Beautiful ram.
Thanks for sharing.

Great write-up, beautiful landscapes and great ram! Congratulations, you definitely earned it! Thanks for sharing the story with us.

Congratulations again Mark!
I've been deer hunting for the last 3 weeks in your neck of the woods, so I'm also late to your HT party.
What an epic adventure. The pictures along with the story really brought your experience to life for me.
My son's hunt in that unit in 2009 (before a pretty good die-off) had lots more sheep than you encountered, but our experiences were similar to yours. It's tough country to pin down a ram and then be able to make a stalk on it before it moves on.
You did very well and I am so happy you found success.
Well done, and thanks for sharing.

Congratulations again Mark!
I've been deer hunting for the last 3 weeks in your neck of the woods, so I'm also late to your HT party.
What an epic adventure. The pictures along with the story really brought your experience to life for me.
My son's hunt in that unit in 2009 (before a pretty good die-off) had lots more sheep than you encountered, but our experiences were similar to yours. It's tough country to pin down a ram and then be able to make a stalk on it before it moves on.
You did very well and I am so happy you found success.
Well done, and thanks for sharing.
Thanks Rick, and thanks again for the help! Let me know next time you are in GJ. I hope the deer hunts went well!

@marksjeep I would agree with @littlebighorn above, I totally missed out on this when you logged it in, but thoroughly enjoyed following along. I was too buy with Montana Muleys and South Carolina Whitetails. This hunt is for sure an absolute bucket list. Thanks for doing the tag justice and taking us along.

Thanks Rick, and thanks again for the help! Let me know next time you are in GJ. I hope the deer hunts went well!
We blew through GJ early Saturday to get home with my son's BOMMER last day deer from the Basin. I'll text you a pic. I ate tag soup. I for sure want to connect and heft those horns! Congrats again.

Great report and loved the photos. I was on that unit with a friend this year. Beautiful intimidating country. That's a great ram. Glad it turned out so well for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back