Arlington, Virginia, UK visitor 7/8th September never fired handgun

devon deer

Hi All,
Bit of a long shot here, my friend will be in the area next week, he has always wanted to experience using a handgun as they are banned in the UK.
Any advice on how he could achieve this please?
Ranges where this is possible?
Many thanks Richard

If he is heading south to richmond there is a indoor range he can rent some and shoot there. The name is colonial shooting academy.

Squirrel season opens up this weekend. If he can get his hands on a .22 pistol he can plink away all weekend. Pm me and I will try to help. There are a few wma's less than an hour from arlington. The national forest would only be 1.5 away. That is if he wants to hunt not just shoot. I'm sure there's a pile of ranges nearby but I just don't have any suggestions. Good luck.

NRA HQ is in Fairfax and has an indoor range, not sure they have rentals. Blue Ridge Arsenal is in Chantilly, indoor range and I think they have rentals. Both close to Dulles airport.

Thanks very much for your very prompt responses, i have given him all the details and he will contact them.
Cheers
Richard

Handguns are banned in the UK? More of a reason to just move on over here!
There are many ranges on the Virginia side on the creek. On the DC side, probably not so much.
If he were a couple hours south, he could shoot mine all he wants. Arlington/DC area is a nice place to tour and alot of places to see. He'll enjoy it.

Elite Shooting Sports has a real nice range and has some courses too if you wanted some instruction.

Back