Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Arizona Late Elk

I thought the same thing. The "On Your Own" doesn't really apply to this episode.

How many people drew tags?

Two tags, me and Lee. Jerry, Larry, and Wade will be able to join for three days. Walt, having some serious heart issues at age 74, will be providing advice from afar.

I always enjoy these hunts when I can spend a few days with some long time great friends. Hope we get at least one on the ground by Saturday evening, so those guys can be part of it.

If so, we will see if we can recruit a few strangers for a full on Mossback style posse pic. All in matching camo and hats, sporting our best "Johnny Bad Ass" glare.

Two tags, me and Lee. Jerry, Larry, and Wade will be able to join for three days. Walt, having some serious heart issues at age 74, will be providing advice from afar.

I always enjoy these hunts when I can spend a few days with some long time great friends. Hope we get at least one on the ground by Saturday evening, so those guys can be part of it.

If so, we will see if we can recruit a few strangers for a full on Mossback style posse pic. All in matching camo and hats, sporting our best "Johnny Bad Ass" glare.

Mocking mossback would be hilarious especially if you took a 370 plus!
Good luck down there.

It is good to have hunts on ocassion that aren't just hard core starve to death affairs. It's fun to come back to camp and have others around to just visit with. Little do they know you will enlist their backs in a few days for hauling :D

Better start growing gotees though if your going to do the "tough guy" pose it's another mandatory staple

IMG_20121129_090904_792.jpg

Lee glassing Big Hank. If he shoots one down there, this will surely be Lee's On Your Own Adventure. I could fake a knee problem under such circumstances.

IMG_20121129_090904_792.jpg

Lee glassing Big Hank. If he shoots one down there, this will surely be Lee's On Your Own Adventure. I could fake a knee problem under such circumstances.

That's funny Go getem Lee. He's got the gotee just make him smile for the hero shots :D I've got a good feeling about this hunt. The only thing I keep thinking is that on the opener there is going to be a swarm of wheelers, hopefully that's just a bad nightmare I keep having.:(

Taking an afternoon break for a few mins after lunch. Scouted out a promising area this morning and saw a few coues deer along with some muleys but no elk. We are going to go shoot a bit this afternoon before hopefully finding a nice bull and putting him to bed tonight. Opener is tomorrow and optimism is high.

Having a blast so far with Randy, Mason and Brad.

Nice seeing you today Randy. Lee, nice to finally meet you. Best of luck in the morning!

Pleasure was all ours, Stan. Help that guy shoot a big ram on Saturday and we will do our best to drop a nice bull.

Spent the afternoon getting the rifles to our exact specs. Lee's last three shot group was under an inch, with no bench, just a bipod under normal field conditions. After that display, any bull within .308 range is on short term life support.

No icicles on your eyelashes for a change --- that's not a bad thing! High close to 60, low about freezing, partly cloudy, light wind --- elk killing weather!!! Spot and stalk in the cedars (sure beats sitting here in town!). Go get 'em ...

I'm down in 10 right now. Been pretty dang slow, 65 degrees today! Turned up a few bulls tho, one with potential..game day starts in the morning! Good luck to y0u guys

Bull spotted just before dark. Gonna be a two mile hike into the canyon before daylight. Lee will punch a tag come morning.

Good luck, I have a feeling more than one Hunt Talker will be punching an AZ tag soon.

(Two miles ? ?, Once you officially turn old and fat, you are allowed to shoot animals close to the road like me)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back