• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

ARIZONA HUNTING APP QUESTION

Greenhorn

I've looked through the regs and I can't seem to find it.. How long do you get without applying before your bonus points are reset to zero?

For some reason I thought there were 2 years.

Who can tell me?

whitedeer

Greenie.....Wolfskin is correct...after 5 years you become an inactivity, and that's bad.

skinin' the frog, skinnin' the frog, skinnin' the frog!

Delw

I thought for out of state people it was 2 years. I will reread the regs someday.. there was also a stipulation in there for res that you still had to buy a hunting license to keep your name in the points(I think)
Delw

Lv2hnt

Greenie:

5 years it is --- and Ariz. G&F counts each specie activity separately (elk, desert sheep, antelope, buffalo, etc.). Doesn't matter whether you're a res. or non-res. You don't have to buy a license each year to keep your bonus points, but you do need to buy one when you apply if you want the additional bonus point when/(if?) you're unsuccessful in the draw ...

Lv2hnt

danr55

5. Except for permanent bonus points awarded for hunter
education, all of a person’s accumulated bonus points for a genus are forfeited when:

1.The person is issued a hunt permit-tag for that genus;

or

2.When the person fails to apply for a hunt permit-tag for that genus for 5 consecutive years.

This year's regs, page 59.

:cool: