MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Arizona Desert Sheep

What an amazing opportunity to hunt such a unique animal that very few will ever get to experience.

I really enjoyed your write up and the photos. Obviously you came in prepared and it paid off. You have seriously put together one heck of a season.

Congrats!

Awesome Ram, Awesome Story, Awesome Pictures, and top it off with a beautiful sunset!!! Congratulations

Congrats on a great ram Buzz. You have had one heck of a year! I would love to see more photos of the trip when things calm down a bit for you.

There was no hooping, there was no hollering from either Stan or I over what just happened. We looked at him laying in the draw and then went down for a closer look. It was a long time before we even touched him. We sat down and really enjoyed the experience for what it was. I still cant believe it.

Come on, I mean, no punching the air? No, "I'm pumped", or "I was stoked" comments coming from you?

Congrats on a really nice Sheep, and it's refreshing too hear what you did after the shot.

Living east of the big muddy, it amazes how much life can live in what appears to be such a harsh environment. In the first couple of pics I was thinking wow, there isn't much biomass out there!

Buzz, you and a couple others on this site are on my Robert Ruark pedestal, always a class act. Thanks so much for sharing.

An aside, in Oct of 1988 my brothers, father and myself pooled our funds and spent 2 wks rafting the colorado river thru the inner gourge. Several times, generally after coming thru some serious rapids upon hitting the calm waters we would look up and see rams staring at us, most times not more than 20' feet up from the waters edge. I can distinctly remember the very pungent odor of one large ram as we passed under and downwind of him. Very different smell than whitetail/mulie or elk. Out of curiosity, did your ram give off a strong odor?

Congrats! That's a once in a lifetime trophy that less than 1% of hunters will ever have a chance at. Impressive

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambushpredator
Back