Yeti GOBOX Collection

Are raffles real?

Local banquet here? I can’t believe you were able to win something over the organizers, local chapter chairs, etc. I was one and done at that banquet
Shoshone was the same way, except it was a couple tables of doctors coming over from Spokanistan and buying all the tickets.

That was a long time ago though. I should make a trip back for a banquet one of these years.

Used to enter a lot of them on Huntin Fool, but stopped because I never hear any kind of results of “winners”.

This lead me to believe the same kind of thing.

Put money in and there’s never a announced?

@Oak was there ever results released for that sheepdraw that we did a couple months back? at least I feel like your foundation is incredible one! Just don’t know if a winner‘s been selected?

@Oak was there ever results released for that sheepdraw that we did a couple months back? at least I feel like your foundation is incredible one! Just don’t know if a winner‘s been selected?
Yes, and the winner is a Hunttalker! Check out this post.

Used to enter a lot of them on Huntin Fool, but stopped because I never hear any kind of results of “winners”.

This lead me to believe the same kind of thing.

Put money in and there’s never a announced?

Huntin fool draws their raffles live on Facebook.
One of my good friends was their Stone sheep raffle winner last year.

Got another, "We regret to inform you that you did not win, thank you for your contribution." emails today.

I've got decades worth. Never a congratulations letter.

I look at it as giving an organization something and having a SLIGHT chance at getting something for it. But honestly, I am the unluckiest raffle (and banquet attendee) in the history of conservation.

Just pissy enough to start thinking there is someone somewhere laughing over the fact that there is no prize at all.

Prove me wrong - If you have won a big ticket item via raffle, tell us about it. Just make sure your 1099's are in order.
@44hunter45

Sounds like you need to be entered in a "last ticket drawn is the winner" style raffle.

Did you see this thread?

My wife won the “Rockstar” energy Skateboard made by Flip, in town pump one year. I was happier than she was.

There was a coloring contest for kids 10 and under at Sportsman’s I think last year. There were a ton of entries posted on FB and the prize was supposed to be a fly fishing rod and reel combo. my 8 year old won the contest and when we went to retrieve the prize, they said that was no longer the prize. We showed them the multiple advertisements for said combo and they had to talk to the manager more and come back next Tuesday. (This was like a Friday) Tuesday rolled around and the gentleman was polite in saying he didn’t want a little kid to feel ripped off, but couldn’t provide an answer as to why he wouldn’t be provided the advertised prize. They gave him a $70 pfluegar spinning real. Nicest real I’ve ever owned 😂
Kidding, it’s his reel. I just try to keep it nice for him

The other day I made the mistake of turning on sportsman’s channel in the hotel and saw the hunt with a raffle winner of buckmasters. Are those people real?

I won a dove hunting package to Argentina in back-to-back years at a local scholastic trap club banquet.

I may or may not have flooded the entry box with tickets to help the odds. 😉

Most amazing wingshooting experience. Outside of that, I haven’t won jack crap.

Local banquet here? I can’t believe you were able to win something over the organizers, local chapter chairs, etc. I was one and done at that banquet
I had the same experience here at our local banquet this year. Our RMEF banquet committee was changed this year. The previous committee did everything they could to make it so committee members wouldn't win prizes, this year the new committee won almost all of the major prizes. There was a lot of disguist among the crowd, I'll be surprised if they have a very big turnout this next year.

I was a RMEF local chapter banquet committee member here in IL for years. Most of the committee members always did well during the raffles, the reason they spent more on tickets then most of the attendees.

You folks are missing the point of a fundraiser!! Plus, the volunteer organizers are typically passionate about the cause, that’s why they GIVE their time. They should have the same opportunity as anyone else in the room to win a raffle. If you want a better chance, buy more tickets.

I had the same experience here at our local banquet this year. Our RMEF banquet committee was changed this year. The previous committee did everything they could to make it so committee members wouldn't win prizes, this year the new committee won almost all of the major prizes. There was a lot of disguist among the crowd, I'll be surprised if they have a very big turnout this next year.
Yikes. I won a low stakes raffle a few years ago with a conservation org I volunteered with. Twice in a row, actually (out of three tickets). Turned back the prize both times as I thought the optics would’ve been terrible to the general members.

Might add that I haven’t won diddly since. The sheep tag I plan to get from the RMBS raffle ought to change the trajectory.

Many rifles, shotguns a Yeti cooler and the 50/50 cash raffle one year at a local banquet.
Between the spouse and I, we have done well in the past.
Once bought a cow elk hunt for 2 for $600 bucks at the Moreno East Ranch in NM. Spouse took the BIL recovering form cancer. The other guys there that bought or won their hunts in Cali paid thousands for their hunt, lol. The ranch did not donate to our banquet again.

Back