AR-15's

Who exactly made that statement?
An H Bar is a match grade gun. With that said .70 at 100 is a joke. Many el cheapo Ruger Americans are capable of that level of accuracy.
No-one made that statement, but there are those who would seek to ban the AR platform all together and I've seen and experienced lots of nose thumbing toward those that do hunt with the AR platform. Not all HBAR Colt's are match grade but all do have a heavy barrel. I'm sure all of your rifles shoot 1/4" groups but .70" is respectable for any factory rifle. After harvesting a deer with my dad's AR this season I've decided to build one for myself. I should have my AR build, in .300 Ham'r, up and running in a few months and it'll be my new primary hunting rifle.

If you don't understand why people like them, maybe you shouldn't be teaching people about them.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about it. Just trying to make a point.
I didn't say I don't like them, just don't get the facintion of them. Nothing wrong with an AR, a heck of a good tool. I train on Glock 22's and 23's in .40 Cal. as well, but they are certainly not my first choice in handguns, it's just thats what the Montana Department of Correction has said we will be using.

As far as handguns go, I've really always kind of favored the old 1911. If you can't get it done with 8 230 grn Starfire's you're probably need an AR. 👍

Just like anything; beauty is in the eye of the beholder n to each his own. I love my AR, but I also love my bow, bolt guns, levers, singles, pumps, etc. N each have an application n their own “following”
I for one think hunting in an archery only season w a crossbow unless physically disabled is chicken shit but I’m sure there are others who think me hunting w a high speed compound bow n not a stick n string feel that way about me!
I mess w my buddy’s that do hunt w a crossbow, but it’s all out of fun n I’m not about to discourage anyone from getting out there n getting it done legally and how they enjoy it
There r plenty out there who r against ALL of US n what we do for us to go slamming on each other for what we use to enjoy what we do

I didn't say I don't like them, just don't get the facintion of them. Nothing wrong with an AR, a heck of a good tool. I train on Glock 22's and 23's in .40 Cal. as well, but they are certainly not my first choice in handguns, it's just thats what the Montana Department of Correction has said we will be using.

As far as handguns go, I've really always kind of favored the old 1911. If you can't get it done with 8 230 grn Starfire's you're probably need an AR. 👍

I'm not fascinated with them any more than the vice grips in my tool box. They are a handy nuanced tool with multiple applications.

Now a 1911...that, I'm fascinated with.

Who exactly made that statement?
An H Bar is a match grade gun. With that said .70 at 100 is a joke. Many el cheapo Ruger Americans are capable of that level of accuracy.
Looks like you did post #49. I'm sorry you feel .70 a joke but for me with the iron sights I think it'd pretty good. Your right some of those RA's are good shooters as well as other rifles out there in todays market. Have a great day!

Just another rifle to shoot. They just happen to be black in color. That new sig bolt gun seems interesting also, but its a black gun. lol

Lots of people seem completely enamored

Despite some of my posts that without context seem to suggest that I'm anti gun, I'm not, I enjoy the rights secured by our second amendment.

But I think the sentence above is true, and what is in my mind problematic with the AR-15. People who see guns as toys rather than tools seem to be the issue.

I would guess less then .001% of AR style rifles out there are used or have ever been used for hunting. I bet for bolt guns it's something like 25%. A gun doesn't need to be for hunting, this is just an observation.

Looks like you did post #49. I'm sorry you feel .70 a joke but for me with the iron sights I think it'd pretty good. Your right some of those RA's are good shooters as well as other rifles out there in todays market. Have a great day!
You better re read what I said.

I'm not fascinated with them any more than the vice grips in my tool box. They are a handy nuanced tool with multiple applications.

Now a 1911...that, I'm fascinated with.
For a hunting application about the only thing they are good for is calling coyotes and the like. Am I missing something?

Despite some of my posts that without context seem to suggest that I'm anti gun, I'm not, I enjoy the rights secured by our second amendment.

But I think the sentence above is true, and what is in my mind problematic with the AR-15. People who see guns as toys rather than tools seem to be the issue.

I would guess less then .001% of AR style rifles out there are used or have ever been used for hunting. I bet for bolt guns it's something like 25%. A gun doesn't need to be for hunting, this is just an observation.
I am totally pro second amendment. However, I do believe that AR's and the Sniper Rifle guys are bad optics wise with the general public as it pertains to hunters carrying them. Am I wrong and how so?

I have an AR15 mostly out of nostalgia from the days in the service but they are fun to shoot. I have an AR10 also just for the hell of it. I have no interest or want to hunt with one. I agree they are a distraction at the range when trying to sight a rifle and you have rambo next to you dumping mags.

I agree they are a distraction at the range when trying to sight a rifle and you have rambo next to you dumping mags.

At the range... whatever I guess, I'm more annoyed when it's hunting season and some dudes are dumping mags off the side of the forest service road below me at a TV, scaring every deer and elk for miles into the next county.

I have an AR15 mostly out of nostalgia from the days in the service but they are fun to shoot. I have an AR10 also just for the hell of it. I have no interest or want to hunt with one. I agree they are a distraction at the range when trying to sight a rifle and you have rambo next to you dumping mags.
Even worse when you are in the otherwise peaceful outdoors hunting, fishing, hiking or whatever activity and the military puffed chest wannabees are trying to fell trees with their fast shooting ARs with high capacity clips (magazines for the anal gun enthusiasts).

Seems like the consensus is, none of us have a problem with AR's we have a problem with A-holes...

and there seems to be a higher than normal percentage of AR owners that are A-holes.

For whatever reason some things just attract a certain kinda of person... pitbulls, glocks, Subaru WRX's, subwoofers, monster energy drinks, ford raptors.

The closest I've ever been to being shot:

1980's private land near Ocala Florida. A guy who owned a 40 acre fern farm about a mile away, spraying 223's. I'm OTG hunting out of a lawn chair, my dad is in a stand about a quarter mile away, in between fern guy and myself.
I start hearing what sounds like bugs flying by me. Quickly realizing these are tumbling FMJ's I hit the deck. Bullets are hitting trees and making some pretty crazy zipping noses. My dad up in the stand, has bullets flying by him as well, he hits the deck. We get a good laugh a little later in the day and a story I'll never forget.

At the range... whatever I guess, I'm more annoyed when it's hunting season and some dudes are dumping mags off the side of the forest service road below me at a TV, scaring every deer and elk for miles into the next county.

Last edited:
Omit the bulldawgs and add housewives in crossovers, specifically the ones coming down 285 every morning :LOL: . I'm just waiting for one to punch my card.

Seems like the consensus is, none of us have a problem with AR's we have a problem with A-holes...

and there seems to be a higher than normal percentage of AR owners that are A-holes.

For whatever reason some things just attract a certain kinda of person... pitbulls, glocks, Subaru WRX's, subwoofers, monster energy drinks, ford raptors.

Back