Anyone looking for western big game hunting help - Method Hunting

CoHunter1991

For all of you (me included) who need advice or assistance with hunt planning for whatever reason definitely look into Method Hunting. It's a small outfit out of Colorado and they have been an amazing resource for me over the last year. They were able to help me with whatever I needed. Helped me find a great muley unit for my points last year. Could not say enough good things about my experience.

For all of you (me included) who need advice or assistance with hunt planning for whatever reason definitely look into Method Hunting. It's a small outfit out of Colorado and they have been an amazing resource for me over the last year. They were able to help me with whatever I needed. Helped me find a great muley unit for my points last year. Could not say enough good things about my experience.
FYI, maybe you cleared this with admin, but caution with links that compete with forum sponsors ( i.e. GoHunt).

Thread 'Signatures, Weblinks, and Prostaffers' https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/signatures-weblinks-and-prostaffers.256004/

Holy shit the western hunting industry truly is getting more pathetic by the day.

Pay us to E-scout for you. Pay us to "boots on the ground" scout for you. Pay us to look up draw statistics for you....

I'm actually disappointed their isn't a "squeeze the trigger" package. Offer to bring a rifle that is already set up and then help the tag holder squeeze the trigger. 🤡

There is an infamous past member here and elsewhere that used to scout buck areas for people for $$$. I believe he's still banned from hunting in the US for another 12ish years.

Also a few active members here, who used his service multiple times. There are quite a few big buck pics here prescouted by somone else for $$$.

Flounder over at Monster Muleys does this this kind of thing as well as convince guys with lots of points to share them with him so they cam go hunt those bucks he found.

Holy shit the western hunting industry truly is getting more pathetic by the day.

Pay us to E-scout for you. Pay us to "boots on the ground" scout for you. Pay us to look up draw statistics for you....

I'm actually disappointed their isn't a "squeeze the trigger" package. Offer to bring a rifle that is already set up and then help the tag holder squeeze the trigger. 🤡
Agreed

As a chronologically challenged seasoned hunter, dreading confinement to the rocking chair, I'm looking forward to the phone app which will allow me to hunt elk with a lethal UAV with extraction capabilities so that I may fill my freezer from the front porch.

The joy of hunting is going out in the woods and trying to figure something out. Where is the satisfaction in going to a spot that someone else told you about and shooting an animal that someone else has been watching for you? I guess when people spend years collecting points they feel a need to kill something in order justify their time and money. Unfortunately they miss out on the high that comes with a successful hunt after time has been spent failing and learning.

We have all asked a buddy for a waypoint or two. I have even posted on here asking for someone to point me in the right direction. I think that's all they are trying to do.
I dont blame anyone for using this.
But charging for it is kinda lame.
And $700 for boots on the ground just really sounds like you’re monetizing public land.

How does this not violate Wyoming's hunting regulation Chapter 2, Section 20(d)?

"No person shall sell or barter any geographic location information for any big game animal, trophy game animal or wild bison to aid in the taking of any big game animal, trophy game animal or wild bison."

I enjoy going scouting for animals. It's an excuse to get out hiking and exploring. However, does it do me much good for figuring out where animals will be in September and November? Not really.

Knowing where they were during the rut last year is much more important information. If someone can managed to get paid for pre season scouting information, well then good for them.

How does this not violate Wyoming's hunting regulation Chapter 2, Section 20(d)?

"No person shall sell or barter any geographic location information for any big game animal, trophy game animal or wild bison to aid in the taking of any big game animal, trophy game animal or wild bison."
Yeah, seems pretty cut and dry to me.

You think this even applies to E scouting information since they are no calling out specific animals and just good habitat? I wonder if they don't know this regulation exists or if they addressed it some how. Ill shoot them an email.

On a similar note I guess we all gotta watch our backs because I know I'm not the only one who has traded their buddy a beer for some intel haha.

You think this even applies to E scouting information since they are no calling out specific animals and just good habitat? I wonder if they don't know this regulation exists or if they addressed it some how. Ill shoot them an email.

On a similar note I guess we all gotta watch our backs because I know I'm not the only one who has traded their buddy a beer for some intel haha.
I'm pretty sure that whatever they're charging $700 is a lot more than, "I saw a nice buck on Mt. Whatever last week."

Per their website for the Boots on the Ground Package. (Seems like a lot more than a beer for some intel.) I think this is precisely why Wyoming implemented the reg I cited above.

"This package includes:

• Two days of in the field scouting by one of our hunting scouts for a specific species in a unit of your choice. Information from the scouting trips will include but is not limited to:

- Current status of water sources.

- Active game trails, game sign, and game sightings."

- Photos of potential game if encountered, views from glassing nobs, and overall landscape.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back