Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Anyone looking for western big game hunting help - Method Hunting

I will accept $50 for 20 waypoints of where I find spikes and button bucks here in NC. I expect demand will be pretty high so I'll probably have to limit applicants. Get in on this deal early.

I'm pretty sure that whatever they're charging $700 is a lot more than, "I saw a nice buck on Mt. Whatever last week."

Per their website for the Boots on the Ground Package. (Seems like a lot more than a beer for some intel.) I think this is precisely why Wyoming implemented the reg I cited above.

"This package includes:

• Two days of in the field scouting by one of our hunting scouts for a specific species in a unit of your choice. Information from the scouting trips will include but is not limited to:

- Current status of water sources.

- Active game trails, game sign, and game sightings."

- Photos of potential game if encountered, views from glassing nobs, and overall landscape.
I can think of the unit I hunt the most in Idaho and two days isn’t going to tell a person anything except probably what roads are drivable and if the creeks along them are flowing or not. It certainly wouldn’t give someone enough time to find a particular animal and figure out much about it other than where it was at one specific moment

I agree with you on that.

I spoke to the owner and he had no idea that reg existed and will remove WY from his options until he can get some clarity from WY. He said thank you for the heads up and appreciates the feedback. He is also rewording his website a bit so no-one gets the idea they are looking for specific animals, all scouting is limited to the landscape.

I just don't see how anybody affords this stuff. If I paid for every hunting app and all the so called best gear that's constantly advertised then I couldn't afford to apply for tag's. Guess I'm doing something wrong cause I got too many bills to afford all this stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back