Anyone in the Kalispell Area Missing a Husky?

I'm still blown away that some people are even remotely defending her or placing the impetus on the dog / "Wolf" / unleashed animal. Not sure about some of you, but I think most of us were taught to make sure we knew what the fugg we were aiming at. Where's HTM when you need him to eviscerate some stupidity on this thread.

And that's to say nothing of the way she poses and holds that animal after taking it's life. Some people shouldn't be allowed to own a gun.

Last edited:
I think a normal person would have a hard time seeing out of her shoes ... for the rest of her life. Can you imagine fifty years from now? "Someone in the dorm found this in the internet archives. Granny, is that you holding the puppy rug?" Unfortunately, trash usually begets more trash so I doubt her progeny will think anything of it. Anyway, universities would have to drop their admission standards much lower than they are now (is that possible?) before her grandkids would ever be admitted.

I wonder if she’s outside this morning, tearfully scraping off all the “smoke a pack a day,” and “save an elk, kill a wolf” stickers that she’d already proudly put on her truck. Perhaps ruefully reflecting on the reality that membership to the Mostest Elitest Delta Force Woof Killer Club was but a fleeting feeling.

I was headed to the range this morning but the target practice on this thread is a lot more fun.

I wonder if she’s outside this morning, tearfully scraping off all the “smoke a pack a day,” and “save an elk, kill a wolf” stickers that she’d already proudly put on her truck.
So maybe its a double down to be in the Extra Stupid Window Stickers thread?

My buddy had his dog shot while doing a pack trip a couple falls ago. The dude shot it from a couple hundred yards away, immediately saw my friend and his dad on horseback a little down the slope from the dog and started to high tail it out of there. His dad rode him down on his horse, the dude claimed he thought it was a coyote. His dad asked him how many black and white coyotes he's seen that look exactly like a border collie.

Stay safe out there kids, tons of people who don't know what the hell they are doing out there.

My buddy had his dog shot while doing a pack trip a couple falls ago. The dude shot it from a couple hundred yards away, immediately saw my friend and his dad on horseback a little down the slope from the dog and started to high tail it out of there. His dad rode him down on his horse, the dude claimed he thought it was a coyote. His dad asked him how many black and white coyotes he's seen that look exactly like a border collie.

Stay safe out there kids, tons of people who don't know what the hell they are doing out there.
I have to be honest... I am not sure I would be able to control myself if I caught the guy that shot my dog. That anger would be second only to hurting my wife or daughter.

I was at the gym this morning and mentioned this incident to a friend of mine. He isn't into social media at all, so it was news to him.

This thing reminds me of my low level of anxiety concerning elk hunting with my buckskin horse. He is not exactly the color of an elk or deer but likely close enough if the right idiot saw him high lined in the trees, while I was off hunting some area. I do worry about it enough to put as much orange on him as possible.

I was at the gym this morning and mentioned this incident to a friend of mine. He isn't into social media at all, so it was news to him.

This thing reminds me of my low level of anxiety concerning elk hunting with my buckskin horse. He is not exactly the color of an elk or deer but likely close enough if the right idiot saw him high lined in the trees, while I was off hunting some area. I do worry about it enough to put as much orange on him as possible.

Put a bell on that horse. That's what I did. Many times I had animals stand and look as I rode down the trail. And at least twice I had to go bring the picketed horses to camp in the middle of the night when a bull elk was screaming at them. Both wore bells.

You turn that dog loose on a state section in Mt on opening day of rifle season with noone around it, and I wouldn't bet 5 cents that it would live through it.

I can’t imagine having my dog get shot by a f*cking dipshit that thought it was a wolf.

I had a guy pull a pistol on my dog shed hunting a few years back because she was barking at him. She was sitting down next to me and barked as he came over the ridge. He told me that if she took one step towards him that he was going to shoot her….we had a heated discussion and he agreed to leave.

From my experience. The dogs that need a leash are the ones you should worry about. If someone has enough control of their dog that it doesn’t need a leash then it’s probably not much of a threat.

Sounds like we have met the same guy. In 2016 or 2017 I was hiking/going up to glass for sheep up the Stillwater river with my two dogs. Only vehicle at the trailhead had Texas plates.

About 2 or 3 miles in I come around the corner and there’s a couple coming down the trail. The woman immediately starts shrieking and screaming about how much she hates dogs and how scared she is. The dogs weren’t even near them and the “scary looking” one was sitting at my feet. Then out comes the huge stainless revolver from the man’s waist. It was a tense few minutes of them being absolute hysterical imbeciles waiving a gun around screaming and me trying to keep from getting me or my dogs shot.

In the end, we both had loaded guns in our hands, this dumb c was still screaming uncontrollably, and we all lived.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back