Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Anyone in the Kalispell Area Missing a Husky?

Ok, update time...ish.

So the story I've been hearing (not verifying, mind you) is that this was one of a group of loose and possibly abandoned dogs that was in the process of being rounded up out where this happened. If this is the case, then the dog wouldn't have any protections at all, really. Loose and unclaimed/unowned is grounds for shootability just about everywhere.

Again, not verified.

Not sure how this story is relevant when she was dumb enough to think it was a wolf pup. I grew up on farm in a rural area and we dealt with abandoned dogs and no pictures were taken.

Not sure how this story is relevant when she was dumb enough to think it was a wolf pup. I grew up on farm in a rural area and we dealt with abandoned dogs and no pictures were taken.

Well people were talking about legalities of the situation, and I don't think loose or unclaimed dogs have much to work with when this kind of stuff happens.

If you’ve got a wolf-like dog running around off leash without a collar in a state where the whitest of the trash sport a “smoke a pack a day” sticker on their bumpers, I’ve got no sympathy for your dead dog. Unfortunately stupidity isn’t a crime or this dumb bitch would have been executed years ago.

If you’ve got a wolf-like dog running around off leash without a collar in a state where the whitest of the trash sport a “smoke a pack a day” sticker on their bumpers, I’ve got no sympathy for your dead dog. Unfortunately stupidity isn’t a crime or this dumb bitch would have been executed years ago.
Do you think what she killed looks like a wolf pup?

I leave it up to the authorities to deal with loose dogs. And cats. If there is no statute for shooting any non game animal "accidentally" while hunting, there damn well should be. Careless use of a firearm is an offense up here. Say goodbye to your federal firearms possession and acquisition license. Someone that stupid loses the privilege to own or use a firearm. Boo-hoo! Sometimes not having a 2nd Amendment to mess things up is a good thing.

I can’t imagine having my dog get shot by a f*cking dipshit that thought it was a wolf.

I had a guy pull a pistol on my dog shed hunting a few years back because she was barking at him. She was sitting down next to me and barked as he came over the ridge. He told me that if she took one step towards him that he was going to shoot her….we had a heated discussion and he agreed to leave.

From my experience. The dogs that need a leash are the ones you should worry about. If someone has enough control of their dog that it doesn’t need a leash then it’s probably not much of a threat.

I wonder if it had chip in it? She could return it then. Oh wait, prob not a good idea to return a rug.

There are so many things wrong with this story its difficult to understand the level of ignorance associated with it. I can almost understand a mistake shooting it but to not recognize what it is afterwards and even skinning it out is mind boggling! Then to go public on FB is further confirmation of complete lack of IQ. What else has she shot in error and not know it? Hope the "bear" she was hunting wasn't a black Newfy!

Do you think what she killed looks like a wolf pup?
No but to someone who’s never seen a wolf it probably looks close enough. The real question is would I shoot a Siberian husky in the woods if it had no collar, was far from a trailhead and looked feral. If I really believed it was feral or saw it chasing wildlife 100% it dies.

I have both sides of the equation years ago deep in the Adirondacks. One of our guys saw a big coyote or thought he did. As he whistled at it to stop, the "coyote" started toward him wagging his tail 1,000 miles an hour! He realized it was a young shepherd and boy was it glad to see him. He ended up feeding him his lunch. Followed him out to our cabin, jumped up into truck on command and was taken to town. Left him with PD and turns out it was lost about 15 miles away. Nice end to story. Fast forward to next year, I am sitting over saddle down into swamp, 2 dogs go by, I stand up and whistled at them. Bigger mutt took off but second was a collie all full of burdocks and just a mess. I was thinking he will be glad to see me until he started snarling and walking stiff legged toward me. WTH? He was maybe 25 yds and would not stop on my commands. So he ate a .270 130BT at 3,000 fps at 25 yds. He was a mess, dirty as hell and oh yeah the 130BT did its job too. I felt terrible but you just don't know about diseases and such. I felt he was going to attack so no choice I felt. He was no doubt completely feral. And no he did not have a collar. This was long time ago before chips but still leaves a mark on you.

And NO I didn't skin the Collie out.

I imagine if you randomly plopped 100 Montana hunters into the situation she was in, at least 5 of em would pull the trigger, and of that 5, 3 would post to the Facebook before blinking an eye. It's a numbers game.

A portion of Montana's hunters - an extension of the population - are just morons. We've all met em. Makes me wonder if we need to have a higher bar for folks to get into hunting. Could you imagine the joy this gal would've experienced if she'd have run across this "pack" of huskies at night with a thermal scope?

We should just be grateful she revealed herself before the Race to the Sky starts this year.

You bird hunters in Montana better put orange vests on your hunting hounds.

The woof smokers will be thrilled to kill one with a “tracking” collar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back