Anyone have a $399 walmart wall tent?

They had these as low as $249 this past fall. Should have pulled the trigger on it then. Seems about perfect for the amount of use it'd get.

Might be a good investment, especially if I take my brother and all the kids out hunting. What's a good stove to put in a tent like that?
It depends on your budget. I have a camp chef. Likely one of the cheapest stoves but it does leak a bit and can be hard to damp down but some $8 stove gasket makes them pretty good. A tent that size it will cook you out so don't fill it full or you'll need to open the place up for fear of spontaneous combustion lol

Riley stoves are great but cost quite a bit.

It depends on your budget. I have a camp chef. Likely one of the cheapest stoves but it does leak a bit and can be hard to damp down but some $8 stove gasket makes them pretty good. A tent that size it will cook you out so don't fill it full or you'll need to open the place up for fear of spontaneous combustion lol

Thanks

...could be more than tree-ninety nine
Yep. mtmuley

Bought it as last second backstop since buddy with wall tent got seriously ill.
Frame is not exactly stout but functional IF you are careful and tie down tightly. Placed tarp over roof to help on snow and helped a bunch. Snowed 12" over night and was sturdy enough to hold up fine. We had to bug out for 3-5' blizzard coming next day. That was not fun. Tore down without damage fine. Floor was decent for price of tent. The one issue is the jack "seal" did not hold up to pipe heat and charred badly. Stunk to high heaven. I did put an automotive heat blanket around stove pipe as extra insulator and worked fantastic. I will post up as separate post. Turned out great.

We use a riley stove in this tent.

I have one. I bought it when they were on sale. $260 shipped to my door I couldn't pass up. After 6 setups and takedown and 18 or so nights spent in the tent I feel like I can give an honest review. I have had no problems wit the zippers, the canvas is not very breathable, condensation forms when using a propane heater way faster than when using a wood stove. Setup can be done with 1 person easy enough but takedown is a pain to do alone.
The space is good, the design is good, the layout of the windows and doors is good, the materials for the most part seem good, and the extras it comes with are nice. The sod cloth is big enough you can shovel dirt on to keep out the wind.
The negative part is the frame. It's fine for summer camping with no wind but on a 4th season colorado hunt I was worried enough to cut some ridge pole braces after seeing it bow a lot with 2 inches of snow. The roof isn't as steep as most wall tents so unless the stove is glowing snow won't shed off easily.
I am going to order a frame angle kit and build a frame out of conduit for next season.
All in all I would consider this an awesome starter tent. I'll use it until it's hashed then probably upgrade.

Ive had mine for 3 years and camped in 6 times or so. So far its still kicking . Wind was blowing 30 mph in Wyoming with it and it held up fine although I was worried. The ol frame was flexing like a kid on top of a fridgerator box. Make sure those guy out lines are tight and staked down ! Slept through a rain storm with zero seam sealing and it was water tight. Condensation is a bitch with propane stove though !

We have this tent. It has been pretty awesome. The only big complaint is that it doesn't breath very well and the condensation build up can get annoying. We have stayed in it in -20 degree weather. We also left it set up for over two months one hunting season. The frame feels a little janky but once you get it all set up, staked down and the guy lines out, it feels fine. The first photo was Eastern Montana in January and it was all good.
View attachment 272845View attachment 272846
How does it hold up to shanking? Looks like the Chinese kids did a bang-up job on it though.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back