Yeti GOBOX Collection

Anyone have a $399 walmart wall tent?

I saw this in an add and thought it can't be that good. I have no need for one since I have the Kodiak tent but someone should buy one and report back.

It may be a sleeper of a deal 🤪

Ozark Trail 6-Person North Fork Wall Tent with Stove Jack
I went on the review section of the wall tent. I read the reviews rated 1 they basically said it looked nice if you got a good one but the weather will tear it apart. Plus, the big issue no customer service from Ozark or wally world. Save your money and buy a real wall tent.

We have this tent. It has been pretty awesome. The only big complaint is that it doesn't breath very well and the condensation build up can get annoying. We have stayed in it in -20 degree weather. We also left it set up for over two months one hunting season. The frame feels a little janky but once you get it all set up, staked down and the guy lines out, it feels fine. The first photo was Eastern Montana in January and it was all good.
20230110_171945.jpg20211101_142452.jpg

Attachments

• 20201126_174854.jpg
    20201126_174854.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 47
We have this tent. It has been pretty awesome. The only big complaint is that it doesn't breath very well and the condensation build up can get annoying. We have stayed in it in -20 degree weather. We also left it set up for over two months one hunting season. The frame feels a little janky but once you get it all set up, staked down and the guy lines out, it feels fine. The first photo was Eastern Montana in January and it was all good.
Thanks for the review.

i have one we use it alot, it works great especially for the price, i have another brand new one in the box for sale for 250.00,,

i have a davis 12x14 i have had for 20 years also,,,this one is lighter and easier to setup for 2 people,,,,

View attachment 272845View attachment 272846
Have you ever used a traditional canvas tent? Curious if you think the condensation is worse? In my experience, moisture is an issue with wall tents too, especially in cold weather.

I had this tent but sold it. Like mentioned above the frame is not as heavy duty as most but again lighter. seemed pretty small inside for how boxy it was. felt like it wasn't very efficient. Wall tents are just cold compared to a quality dome tent that keeps your own body heat in it.
but personally I just don't like wall tents and the older I get the harder it is for me to sleep in tents. Ive had a cabelas alaskan guide for most of my life and it is one of the original models that has the deluxe vestibule that is like a cook shack. probably wont need to buy another tent for the rest of my life unless that material starts to go bad. Love the thought of sleeping under the stars in a tent but normally the reality of it isn't the greatest. nothing beats a warm,dry,quiet comfort of a bed under a roof :)

I looked at them when I was shopping for a canvas tent, there are some video reviews on YouTube. Increasing the budget a little bit gets a better quality item but these didn’t seem half bad for a guy that would use it a week or two every few years.

I guess I’ve been lucky with condensation in my canvas, nary a problem. My nylon teepee though will ruin your day if you’re not careful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back