Anyone considering the F150 Electric?

So, which one of these things is true?
I could put 300,000 miles on a rig in three years....so both :) In all seriousness though, I wonder if the battery will still charge for a legit 300 miles after owning the vehicle for 3 years. Or if it will be like a cell phone where you have to charge it every 5 hours instead of every 24 hours.

Last edited:
I could put 300,000 miles on a rig in three years....so both :) In all seriousness though, I wonder if the battery will still charge for a legit 300 miles after owning the vehicle for 3 years. Or if it will be like a cell phone where you have to charge it every 5 hours instead of every 24 hours.
My buddies Tesla hasn't had any issues in 3 years. And now it drives him... which he admits is a little nerve wracking at times (says it goes from teenage boy to granny back to teenage boy, with complete inconsistency).

Sorry, took 30 seconds.
"However, if it is past the warrant parameters, the batteries will cost about $200 per kWh. Going by this number, you will need about $10,000 for a 40kWh."....doh!!!!

Thanks for your 30 seconds. :)

"However, if it is past the warrant parameters, the batteries will cost about $200 per kWh. Going by this number, you will need about $10,000 for a 40kWh."....doh!!!!

Thanks for your 30 seconds. :)
I think American's keep new cars for an average of 8.5 years, put 13k miles on them a year, and the overall average age of cars on the road is 12.1.

So I think for most people the battery is kinda a moot point, as they will already be thinking of getting rid of the car around the time the warranty expires.

Real question is what effect does that have on the used car market. Now days it's not uncommon for a car to have 3 or even 4 owners. I wonder if it will be business as usual or if car companies will try to get people to sell them back the car, pop in a new battery and then resell as "refurbished" like a phone.

What’s that rock song lyric “nobody rides for free”? The same is going to happen with electric cars as somebody has to pay for road infrastructure. I sure hope this happens in a manner that doesn’t include “tracking” and more government oversight. Heck, with all the tracking already maybe it doesn’t even matter.

Well, Ford allows you to Build the F150 Lightning now.

Turns out the Work Truck (“Pro”) model still starts at the $39k ish range but does not allow the option of extended battery. To get that option, literally the next step up is the XLT Lariat with a base price of $70k+.

The extended battery gives 70 more miles, from 230 to 300, so wonder how many will balk, as I am as even considering that price.

The Silverado electric truck info just came out and it looks pretty darn cool, with a range up to 400 miles and a mid gate option that allows spring items from bed into cab. Seems would be handy for sleeping with a cab on. Also bed is 5’11” vs Fire 5.5’.

With my Duramax passing 220k miles I may very well get one for a daily driver and local hunting, then use the Duramax for towing and long hauls. Sounds like 6+ months til delivery, so I’ll share experience if I do.

No large amount of charging stations our here in the west until you get to Cali. It's not worth it yet here. Just got my new diesel, I'll stick with that for now....;-)

Eventually yeah, electric motors are so simple and long lasting, far less maintenance that an internal combustion engine. Also power plants are significantly more efficient than the average engine.
I saw an idea to integrate batteries into trailers to give more range.
I've got 355k on my Cummins diesel and 180k on my VW diesel wagon town car. Figure by the time I wear these two out maybe 500,000 on the Cummins I'll probably be ready for an electric truck.
20220120_154930.jpg

I am thinking of getting one. I have a 3/4 ton diesel that I will keep but I like the idea of an electric as that covers 95% of my driving. My real concern is how do they do when it's -10 and you are out on I-80 waiting on an accident to clear. How much range are you going to eat up just running heaters off those batteries when they are ice cold.

I tend to think the electric maverick will be better for my needs as parking a fill size vehicle is a PITA sometimes and I already have a big truck with the longest wheelbase so don't really need a full size truck.

A little truck with a camper so the dog and it's hair can stay back there would work pretty well for most of what I do.

I only drive my pickup a few times a month at best, I have a little honda I drive for running around now but my daughter is getting ready to take it.

One cool thing I thought of the other day was the possibility of running a welder off an electric truck. Would be interesting to see if that takes off in the service industry where compressors, welders, tools, etc can be run off the truck so no welder, generator, gas compressor, etc needed. Old school pipeline guys will be driving a diesel pickup with a welder, flat bed, brandon stickers, etc and the new version will be an electric truck with a little multiprocess welder plugged in the back that can do the same things much more efficiently.

I'm planning on purchasing a cyber truck when they are ready. But that Ford maverick has my eye. I dont wanna get rid of my f-250 and I think something like that maverick or the cyber truck would be perfect for toting by fat butt to work and to the local fishing spots. I got the bigger truck for the long trips across the state.

15 F'n below this morning. As I got started off to work I was thinking just how much battery life/juice
are you going to use up in your elec car/truck just tryihg to get warm. And how many miles down the road might you get w/ what battery life is left? Throw in some snow.
#skeptical

technology and infastructure isnt there yet..though you will need to carry aportable generator with ya big enough to at least do stage 2 charging,,{30 amp@240 volt}little honda 2000 gen wont be enough generator.needs to be 240 volt output.

technology and infastructure isnt there yet..though you will need to carry aportable generator with ya big enough to at least do stage 2 charging,,{30 amp@240 volt}little honda 2000 gen wont be enough generator.needs to be 240 volt output.
figure one of those bigger inverter generators would be the ticket. Have one of those in the bed run it for 8 hours an hopefully you got enough juice to get home haha. Bring extra gas.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back