Anyone been to El Paso?

Spitz

Break out the corn flingers and high fences, looks like I'll be calling it home in several months. I think the deer season stays on into the new year down there, so I may actually even get to put something down this season. YEHAW!! :D

Best of luck to everyone this Fall.

What is the hardest part about becoming a Texan?

Having half your brain drilled out:D

Just kidding Texans.

I've spent quite a bit of time in El Paso

You do know its a border town right??

I don't think you are going to be doing much hunting over feeders

Going to be a learning experience for you I can tell.

Welcome Spitz. You'll soon be saying, "I'm not from Texas but got here as fast as I could."

....best of luck.

You will come back with a better understanding of CJCJ's border worries that is for sure.
You may even end up posting about it in Current Events....
Hey, if you do cross over the border, be carefull. Lots of stuff on the news lately about drug wars and kidnapping rings. DO NOT take your kids across (if you have any)

No shit, Montana to Texas/Mexico? I hope this is a two year tour for a placement back to MT.

My sister has been there twice for work. She wasn't too impressed... Good luck and we'll keep our fingers crossed your next assignment is in a bit better place!

PS- I'll chip in on the 'trophy fee' if you shoot one of those cow things Tom shot!

Thanks for the kind words. It'll be a while yet, but I should be back in Montana before I hit 40. :( The upside is it's pretty cheap to live down there so my hunting slush fund should be big enough to support my addictions.

I plan to try all the hunting Texas has to offer, if what I call a cow Tom calls a trophy, I'll shoot the hell out of it and let SCI sort things out later. :D

Spent a couple weeks there once. Not my kind of city, but I'm sure you'll do great Spitz. Keep us updated on the new career. Hope you are doing great.

The chili is good and you can get cheap cowboy boots. But other than that..... moving from Montana to El Paso, TX would be like probably as stupid as leaving your wallet behind after you just robbed a bank.

It's cheaper to live there for a reason! But... the chili is good and the boots are cheap. Good luck and get the Rosetta Stone Spanish series. You're gonna need it.

Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
I fell in love with a Mexican girl.
Night-time would find me in Rosa's cantina;
Music would play and Felina would whirl.

Blacker than night were the eyes of Felina,
Wicked and evil while casting a spell.
My love was deep for this Mexican maiden;
I was in love but in vain, I could tell.

From out of nowhere Felina has found me,
Kissing my cheek as she kneels by my side.
Cradled by two loving arms that I'll die for,
One little kiss and Felina, good-bye.

My guess is that the Jonas Brothers did a cover.

now thats funny! LMAO

Spitz, good luck with the move.......rumor has it there are some real nice antelope around them thar parts.

I didn't know who sung it.. I used to listen to that as a kid. My dad had it on a Real-to-real...:eek::eek:

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back