Anybody want to hunt Lopes?

utah400elk

Prior to moving to WyomIng I almost paid for a guided lope hunt. Now that I live in Wyoming I am glad I didn't pay for a lope hunt. In the spirit of OYOA I would like to help somebody go on a semi DIY lope hunt. There are leftover tags in the unit in Wyoming that I hunt. This is a great lope hung for kids. Anybody want to go lope hunting this year?

I am a DIY guy and there is no cost for the hunt other than the Wyoming tags. I am simply trying to help a fellow hunter get a lope. My first post almost sounds like I am trying to sell something.

I am a DIY guy and there is no cost for the hunt other than the Wyoming tags. I am simply trying to help a fellow hunter get a lope. My first post almost sounds like I am trying to sell something.

I personally thought it sounded more like you were going to try to rape someone or do something out of "Jeepers Creepers"

JK, but in all honesty I could probably use the help getting a lope, but I'd be shot by someone else if I bought a Wyoming tag right now.

My wife says I'm beyond help and I believe my mother in law has quit praying for me on Sundays but thanks for the offer anyway.
Pm sent

I have responded to all the PMs I received. I am very hopeful that I can help one of the hunters get a wy lope this year.

Great offer!!!

Probably will be looking to take my youngest boy next year on a lope hunt there. We have 3 points right now and if it wasn't for his two brothers being in College this year I would jump on this and bring him out. Next year my oldest will be out and that should free up some funds for a drive out west.

Im sure you will get someone to jump on this.....

Great offer, nice to see someone helping others just for the joy of hunting. Good luck to whomever gets out there this season.

Utah, what dates? I've got my 16 y/o that is going with me for her first hunt this year.

Shoot, I might be tempted to take you up myself!

I have responded to all the PMs I received. I am very hopeful that I can help one of the hunters get a wy lope this year.

Anyone who wants to hunt antelope should be taking you up on this idea. Very kind of you to do this.

On behalf of all the hunters, Thank You!

I think it opens oct 5 or 6. I have three possibles who want to go. Last year 6 people went with me. The kids had 8 shots on different bucks until they connected. Note to any ethics police, all clean misses by 14 year old boys. All got their goats in one day. Very fun hunt with one of the boys taking an 81 inch buck. This is a hunt for 70 to 75 inch lopes. When I have three confirmed people who have tags I am out . I think there are more than enough goats but I want to have fun helping people and any more than that and I will start to feel pressure to produce. I know that people will be traveling for the hunt and spending cash for tags. I want to make sure I can make sure I can ensure they will have shots. I will try and help anybody I can but I have my hunts as well :). I also have great info for anybody who wants a good deer Or elk hunt who has less than max points.

Good to see you over here on the proper website John. I'm sure you guys will have a great hunt.

I have been discussing this opportunity with John and I agree that it is a fine gesture as well as a great chance for a guy in my situation.

I have never hunted antelope before but have always wanted to. With max points for deer, elk and antelope, I finally drew unit 64 and am in the process of planning that hunt.
I intend to take my girlfriend with me and it would be great to snag a tag for her to get to hunt on. We will drive up to Wyoming from Mississippi around the first of October. I am really hoping to make this deal work out so that we can let her hunt either on the way up there, or on the way back. I will have 2 weeks to devote to the trip, so that should be plenty of time to make the most of the trip.

I do have a ton of questions it seems, as this will not only be my first lope hunt but also my first time to hunt Wyoming.
Is it possible for me to purchase a tag for both Angie and myself to hunt with John?
How do I go about buying the tags, and at what cost?

I am about to be out of the country and without comms for a couple of weeks, so I really need to do something with this great opportunity now or I will likely miss out on it.

I welcome any and all info and advice. My email address is [email protected]

and thanks John for your generosity. I hope we can make it work out.

Jeff

Utah400elk, very generous offer. I'm impressed. Thanks.
When I apply for WY deer next year with near max points (nonresident), I would like to hear your thoughts.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back