Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Anybody Planning ?????

Hntnhrd

Anyone planning anything special in the next year or two to the Dark Continent. My wife told me next time I go the taxi bill has to be set aside before hand :eek:. Have to live through everyone elses adventures for the next couple years.

A buddy just told me that his wife wants to go to Africa. He was thinking he would not be able to hunt. I told him Kruger Nat'l Park was worth the trip without hunting. Then I suggested he snoop around for one of the hunting concessions/lodges that has a Spa or other activities for the wife for a few days.

If you have any suggestions for a short hunt and good accomodations for the wife, post them.

I don't hae any plans... I'd love to go back though.

I get my Hide and horns back in Feb. I'm excited to see them. Problem is, I have no Coin to mount them, even though my taxidermist is worknig in my shop. Just the hard costs alone are a bit much :D :D

I'd love to hear stories though.....

No plans for me, although every time someone asks me what my next planned hunting trip is, my wife says, "Africa!" I can think of at least three other hunts I'd rather do first, but you never know.

I'll need a combo hunt/tourist trip when I go, too.

Someday Africa will draw me in. I'd love to get a gemsbok or kudu.

Right now, I'd rather backpack hunt the mountains. Can't explain why, but that really floats my boat.

Tease us with some details.

7 days in northern Namibia very near Etosha NP for 3 species (Kudu, Oryx, and Red Hartebeest) plus a 3 day photo safari in the national park. I am probably going to add on a warthog, as well. The place is very cool and is run by a husband and wife who are both biologists. Tim worked for Alaska F&G for 25-30 years as a biologist. I had lunch with them last summer as they still return to Fairbanks once a year. Real nice people. They only take out 1 hunter at a time and only about 12-15 a year. The area is a conservation area and the hunting is not necessarily for the biggest trophies. If you see something big, it is a bonus. I admit that I was leary about doing the Africa thing as I have never been a trophy hunter. It was just a good opportunity that I didn't want to pass on. My wife was totally psyched as she has always wanted to visit Africa and the price for the trip included 1 non-hunter. Plus we get the photo safari for 3 days which I am looking forward to as much as the hunting. We will also be adding on a few days at the end for some additional sightseeing. I am pretty sure he is totally booked for 2009 and 2010. Here is the website:

http://www.kori.iway.na

Well I have been lurking here for a while, I figure it is time to start talking.

Our (Wife & I) first trip over the the pond is finally coming to a reality. We are set to leave on July 13 for a trip to Namibia for a little hunting. We have 11 days of PG set and then we switch areas and move to the Caprivi Strip for 13 days of DG hunting.

For PG we are looking for the regular stuff. Kudu, Gemsbok, Impala and what ever else tickles the trigger finger. We will also be trying to find a nice Sable, the wife has a little bit of a addiction for them big black antelope. A couple of the ranches that we are going to have some Sable kicking around.

Once we get to the strip we will be going after 2 Cape Buffalo (his and hers) and a Hippo and Croc for me.

After 5 years of planning and saving I can't believe that this trip is going to happen.

We are a little bit excited.

Graylake

What's PG and DG? Are you getting a girafe rug Moosie or just the neck and head back? Maybe some wall coverings until you mount the stuff? Send your boys to taxidermy summer camp, if there is such a thing, they'll have some fantastic projects, eh?

I will be going Spring/summer of 2010, as I just WON a PG Safari in northern South Africa near the Limpopo River. This is a place friends of mine have been to before, some more than once, and they had a GREAT time.

I am still finding out all the specifics, and looking to assemble a group of ramblin rednecks to go with...

Anyone interested can contact me at my work e-mail: mattu-AT-djanda.com

Regards,

Going back to Zambia with Peter Chipman, Kwalata Safaris, arrangement by [email protected] in early Sept. Will try one more last time for a Sitatunga in Bangweulu Swamp...struck out on them last time and it was my primary animal. Basically nocturnal critters...you got about an hour in morning and evening to catch one. Will make for long days as I have all the other critters in the concession but we may look for a bigger Black Lechwe or Tssebee and we can always chase Blackback Jackal. Will stay in the swamp for up to six days or when a Sitatunga bites the dust then move to another concession for another six days plus any "left over" time from the swamp. The other concession has Sharps Grysbok and I want one!! We will likey do another Cape Buffalo and maybe try Hippo and Croc there too.
I will stop in South Africa for a few days on my way and visit my good friend and his family. We will try to find me a Suni for the third time.
Anyone know a good second mortgage lender??

Wow, graylake, nothing like jumping in with the big news! Almost 4 weeks of hunting, both plains game and dangerous game. I wish I could be gone that long, much less afford the cost of a hunt like that for two.

Be sure to take hundreds of pictures and post them all here... ;)

Ya we are jumping in with a big hunt to start with. But we have been planning/saving this trip for over 5 years now. We will be driving a old car for at least a few more years but I think that it is a small price to pay for what we are going to get in return.

I think there will be a few pictures taken while we are there...:D

Just picked up a new camera yesterday for the trip. Canon Rebel Xsi with a 100-400 zoom lense. That along with the other 3 point and shoot camera we should be covered.

We are not sure if we can be gone that long either, but once we are there we thought we should make the best of it. We won't be getting back there for a long time.

As soon as I get home I will be busy with our harvest on the farm.

DSC03172.jpg

We just hope that the harvest goes well...need to pay for the trip.:D

Nice lookin' machine even if it isn't green graylake.

So, is the rear wheel assist necessary to push those big canola windrows through? ;)

Just got home from working two sportsman expos in Cali. Man there were a lot of african guys set up. I was trying to work the guy set up next to me to swap an elk hunt for nyala and bushbuck. Man he had killed some big bushbuck!!!!.

Well, in the planning stage of either leopard and Cape Buff or Lioness and cape buff. Bcat is amped and wants to do a leopard with hounds. The price tag is a bit higher with the houndsthan a still hunt on bait. I am looking at August 09 for the Cape Buff for sure and still trying to get a better deal on the lioness.
The place I just hunted was also on the Limpopo river area. Kolobe Safari's. My PH, Danial Du Toit was sent to me by Gerrie at HuntinAfrica.com
Man some super nice folks that made the sort safari worth it. Doing a half mount on my Impala and pedistals on the Kudu and Wildebeest.
Fingers crossed on this years elk tags.. Man, I saw the price tag on a Sable and OMG!!Dat be one high priced lope.. But certainly the gem of any trophy room. I figured since I am working in Africa again and have to travel via Joberg, best do what I can now as you never know where the next big oil boom will turn up.
Thus the life of oil field class......... :)

Sable have become absolutely ridiculous! Much of it is probably Mugabe's fault as most of us will not go back to Zim with current conditions. What a beautiful wonderful country he fugged up!!
And my Sables are centerpieces in my trophy room! Just glad I have them behind me----would likely never do better anyway...got a once in a lifetime one in Matetsi Unit 6 a few years ago.
BTW, I know a guy in Namibia who does hounds on Leopard (or bait if you prefer) for $10K. Don't know if that is competitive or not as I took mine in Zim over bait in natural light and haven't priced a hunt recently..

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back