Anybody else feeling there age?

Had a bunch of people over for dinner right after my daughter was born. My aunt or or cousin says they would help me make dinner so when the potatoes were cooked I asked them to mash them and add milk and a little cheese. Anyway after dinner my wife goes to get her bottled breast milk from the fridge and she can't find it and finds the empty bottle in the kitchen sink. Those were great mashed potatoes. Lots of shocked faces with the mix up.

So my Sciatica...
I finally went to the ER and got an MRI instead of waiting in line for 2 months and have been busy since. I had 2 other docs check results and it showed no bulging discs, herniated or ruptured discs. Was referred to oncologist for CT scan and bone density scan. Was then referred to ortho guy when these come back.
Went and had those done yesterday, oh, and bloodwork the day before.
I can walk around some if I don't overdo it and it still seizes up and the hip bone hurts. But, I feel better about what's going on now and have a better understanding of healthcare in the US today.
Your on your own and you best be proactive in the discussions.

I’m 38. This time 2 years ago I was in the best shape I had been in since 23 or so. In the last 18 months I’ve had a hernia(surgery), a torn rotator cuff(more surgery). Get over that surgery and then my dad drops a 34ft scissor truss on me and messes up the shoulder again and then while recovering from that I catch Covid with pneumonia. I can barely climb stairs right now, talk about a 180 in how you feel.

I’m 38. This time 2 years ago I was in the best shape I had been in since 23 or so. In the last 18 months I’ve had a hernia(surgery), a torn rotator cuff(more surgery). Get over that surgery and then my dad drops a 34ft scissor truss on me and messes up the shoulder again and then while recovering from that I catch Covid with pneumonia. I can barely climb stairs right now, talk about a 180 in how you feel.
Prayer up Tikka. I’ve had 4 surgeries in the last 2 years. Just prior I was in great shape mountain biking 100’s of miles and climbing mountains. I’m sitting here pumping my calf on my right leg now. We’ll be back.

1660706882759.jpeg

I am this evening sitting in the ER getting checked out for a stroke earlier this evening. This sucks. The numbness to my leftside has passed , trying to figure out why now
Hopefully it’s a TIA or something smaller and nothing bigger. I had one in 2020. I’m in my best shape since college, my BP is low, but stress and “excitement” (bad things like someone pulling out in front of me and me narrowly avoiding T-boning them) cause me to have massive spikes in BP. That particular time I felt a little “pop” in my head. My entire left side including face was numb within 20 minutes. I’ve had several since then but to a much smaller extent. I can definitely feel the “spike” in BP now and try to get calmed down.

Yup, I'm definitely getting old. I went for my early morning walk along the paved bike path that runs the length of the valley. I noticed something different on the edge of the path and when I got close, I realized it was witnessing the second largest pile of bear crap I have ever seen. I was really impressed. A little farther along I noticed a woman walking towards me carrying something. As she got closer, I realized that she just happened to be one of the most beautiful young women I have seen in a long while. Very petite, in her 20s, appearing to be of mixed race, with a killer body and an absolutely gorgeous face. She was wearing as little amount of clothing as possible to still be socially acceptable while trying to stay cool, on what was a very hot and muggy morning. She had a fantastic smile as we both said hello in passing and what she was carrying turned out to be a small dog. I guess his legs were tired or something.

Later on, a friend stopped by the house for a bit of a visit. I saw him just yesterday, so I didn't really have much of anything new to tell him, but the first thing that did come to mind was "I saw the second biggest pile of bear crap I have ever seen, this morning." Then it hit me, oh my god, bear poop was my first memory from this morning, not the girl! When did I get so damn old?

Then again, it was a really impressive pile.
Why do bears always crap on a trail or the side of the road? I’ve been trying to figure it out for years now.

Hopefully it’s a TIA or something smaller and nothing bigger. I had one in 2020. I’m in my best shape since college, my BP is low, but stress and “excitement” (bad things like someone pulling out in front of me and me narrowly avoiding T-boning them) cause me to have massive spikes in BP. That particular time I felt a little “pop” in my head. My entire left side including face was numb within 20 minutes. I’ve had several since then but to a much smaller extent. I can definitely feel the “spike” in BP now and try to get calmed down.
I'll know something better tomorrow after the doctor visit. My son girlfriend who's a nurse says that most likely what it is TIA. My EKG was normal , haven't got the blood work back yet.

I went for an afternoon deer hunt yesterday. I parked my four wheeler a ways away from my hunt area and hiked the rest of the way in maybe 6-700 yds. Damn near straight up in 103* temperature. I was carrying my rifle, sitting stool and backpack of munchies and water. I didn't like the hike but glad at 70 I can still do it. I didn't like it, but I can do it.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back