Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Anybody else feeling there age?

We took our daughter for her first hike( in pack) at 8 weeks old. Jeezus...don't forget diapers like we did.🤣
I packed that kid hiking and x-country skiing until her feet were kicking me in the butt. Good training for the sherpa. Lollipops your friend when the kid is having a meltdown screaming in your ear and you are 6k back in January.
Now she is 15.
Enjoy every last minute.
Id like to both laugh and love this one!

does it make me prepared or dumb to think, "well that's probably in one of the top percentiles for how good it actually can go"

most of the stories i've heard from friends and their first attempts usually involve them turning the car around half way to the camp site.

did that experience qualify as type 2?
Definitely type 2

Ok thanks for the tip. NOW! can I give Tammy your phone number so when I start advertising for volunteers of suppliers Im not in trouble ? Thanks in advance big man
OH BTW I told Tammy about this post n what I said she laughed and said we were all Idiots lol just saying

Definitely type 2
now I know... way over my skis on this one, but me being me...

I see parents doing this all wrong, car filled to the brim with crap, plans to camp and fish, canoe, bike, whatever.

Naaaa, your first trips the only activity is getting the unit to sleep in the woods. Period full stop. Figure out how to accomplish that goal alone, add other activities later.

Anyway... insert Tyson quote here

now I know... way over my skis on this one, but me being me...

I see parents doing this all wrong, car filled to the brim with crap, plans to camp and fish, canoe, bike, whatever.

Naaaa, your first trips the only activity is getting the unit to sleep in the woods. Period full stop. Figure out how to accomplish that goal alone, add other activities later.

Anyway... insert Tyson quote here
First activity with first child was actually fishing!

13 days old, we went out in late march, on a cold windy day to try to catch some trout.

We pulled in, of course the little was one screaming, I went about the "dad" duties, got the chairs out, fishing rods baited, set hers next to her chair cast mine out and waited. After a few minutes, when the screaming did not subside. I reeled in and walked back to the car. Both baby and mom are both crying.
"What's wrong? Why are you crying"
"She had a blow out on the drive and I only brought one change of clothes."
"ok, I can change her, what's wrong?"
"The wind blew the clean clothes into her sh!t mid-change! That's whats wrong you MFer!"
"Oh"
So I went back to the shore, packed up both rods and both chairs and we went back home...
THE END

First activity with first child was actually fishing!

13 days old, we went out in late march, on a cold windy day to try to catch some trout.

We pulled in, of course the little was one screaming, I went about the "dad" duties, got the chairs out, fishing rods baited, set hers next to her chair cast mine out and waited. After a few minutes, when the screaming did not subside. I reeled in and walked back to the car. Both baby and mom are both crying.
"What's wrong? Why are you crying"
"She had a blow out on the drive and I only brought one change of clothes."
"ok, I can change her, what's wrong?"
"The wind blew the clean clothes into her sh!t mid-change! That's whats wrong you MFer!"
"Oh"
So I went back to the shore, packed up both rods and both chairs and we went back home...
THE END
Its part of the process. Haha
Couple clicks forward...learning to ride a bike. One big rock in a massive field and my kid nails it.

Its part of the process. Haha
Couple clicks forward...learning to ride a bike. One big rock in a massive field and my kid nails it.
Playing off on Hem diversion.

Hot tip #24, Learning to ride a bike. Teach them in the winter, when it's been cold for a long time without snow. That way they have all their giant puffy snow clothes on with they wreck.

Also, start on strider bikes.

Not a bad thing because you'll most likely deserve it;

- you just think you used to get The Look, The New Look is a whole nuther ballgame

The good;

- Nothing cool you ever did compares to the tiniest of kiddo accomplishments

- They are grandchildren gateways

Construction and firearm reports have taken their toll but I could hear our babies take that pre-cry breath in the middle of the night & I was up and in there...

I miss all of it

To Answered the question , don't feel a day over 39, just a few more obstacles. Like avoiding aholes in the city on the HD
Adding a little Old time tune to the question

Did some strider riding with my nephew last week, great way to teach them to keep their vision up/that the bike goes where they are looking, before you add speed to the equation.

To @Hem story, kid probably hit it because he knew he didn't want to hit it...
Probably cuz I was yelling turn.
Lots of fun headed your way.
Anyway...back to work erecting scaffolding with my achy back.
Carry on Hunttalkers.

To Answered the question , don't feel a day over 39, just a few more obstacles. Like avoiding aholes in the city on the HD
Adding a little Old time tune to the question
The cage operators on their phones may be looking at you, but they're not seeing you.

okay, i'm learning things:
  • bring lots of diapers, several changes of clothes, like, several several changes of clothes.
  • if the wife calls it, then it's called. period.
let's keep this list going.

Mostly, just make sure you do it. It's not a race to see how young you can take them, but by the time they can interact with their surroundings, it's time to be making plans.

If you're an over-planning elk hunter, you have a couple of advantages. First, you can turn that planning effort into analyzing (moderating) expectations and preparing accordingly. Second, if you're an elk hunter, you're used to dealing with disappointment and catastrophic failure and still coming home with a smile on your face.

QQ

Hunt talk threads
- best back pack
-is the .30-06 awesome
-greenhorn is better than you

Also Hunt talk threads
- keeping toddlers from destroying a marriage
You know, on a list of factors that contributes to hunting success and enjoyment, having a happy spouse and family is right up there with your gear, scouting, shooting, woodsmanship... Seems like an appropriate topic, the more I think about it.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back