Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Correct on your math. Plus federal employees pay into their pension. Anywhere from .8-4.4% per year depending on when they joined.

I’m sure some feds really make big money and don’t do much, but I haven’t seen them. I had about 400 feds reporting to me at one time and the overwhelming majority worked very hard. Sure there were some “bad apples” who milked them system and did the minimum, but I’ve worked in corporate America too and let’s not pretend those types don’t exist there.

I think so many people get emotional about feds because they think it’s “their money” that’s paying fed’s salaries. Maybe. But let’s not forget that about half of all US households pay $0 in federal taxes.

And folks who hate on feds would do good to remember that there was $800B spent on PPP that no one seemed to care to pay back. That’s enough money to pay every fed’s salary and benefits for 4 years….to do absolutely nothing.

No kidding, kinda to your point it always seems kinda funny everyone looking across their desk at how much foods in the other guys bowl and missing the big picture.

Bill is pissed because Bob makes 25k more… but the both work for a company that gets massive government contracts. In 6 months the board of directors will send millions back to their investors and take a massive cut for themselves. 1 year later they will vote to sell the company Bill and Bob get laid off with 2 months severance and the CEO gets 52 million or 1000x either of their salaries.

The really question is why not give the CEO 2/3 of that payout and double everyone’s salary.

What is that CEO gonna do with 52 they can’t do with 34?

Getting a severance equal to a years pay would be life changing to Bill and Bob.

But yeah 30k pensions 🙄

Weird = manipulated..... before the election. Revised to actual data after the election. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Says old retired man with nothing to do but hunt. Who also refuses to read the methodology published on the website and would rather just push a conspiracy that everything is manipulated for political purposes. Carry on.

While vast majority of federal employees are excitedly wondering when they get their FREE, ALL PAID days off, "Furlough", shutting down govt is a political soapbox grandstanding pile of vocal diarrhea from both sides of the aisle.

"Furlough", in federal government terms equates to, "we'll pay you for your free days of leave [furlough] once we stop bullchitting".

There is absolutely zero saved employee pay by furloughing non exempt employees. ZERO.

It's to the point of expectation Season's Greetings leave that does not draw from earned AL or SL. It's flat out free leave that most U.S. citizens don't realize is gifted vs "closed govt employee $ saved".

In fact, the overtime $ spent to catch up for the loss of time + paying employees for the entire time they were "furloughed" makes the furlough an expense to taxpayers.
Correct, and congress passed a law to make it that way.

Says old retired man with nothing to do but hunt. Who also refuses to read the methodology published on the website and would rather just push a conspiracy that everything is manipulated for political purposes. Carry on.
I'm running out of conspiracies, they are all coming true. Just going to have to hunt more I suppose.

I'm running out of conspiracies, they are all coming true. Just going to have to hunt more I suppose.
True or not is irrelevant. No one ever said "I'm voting for person B because of jobs...I mean LOOK AT ALL THE JOBS!!!". A conspiracy on gasoline prices might get someone votes. And back to this thread, the market doesn't care about revisions to past data. It just doesn't. The next number is always the most important number. It can be a little maddening.

2022 is shaping up to be a bad year for the EV industry.

If the large shareholders get too pissy with Elon, he will just continue to sell all his Tesla shares and leave them with nothing. Tesla is way overvalued based on Musk hype alone. Wealthy left leaning enviromentalist types are Tesla's bread and butter. Now they all hate Elon. Bad place to be invested in right now.

Last edited:
I’ve always thought it was fishy that Tesla was worth more than any other automobile manufacturer. You can’t tell me that it’s worth more than GM, Ford, or Toyota. Probably some others too. Combine that with a CEO who’s splitting his time with multiple ventures and it’s a recipe for failure. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Even with Tesla's falling share price, it's still #8 market cap company in the world. Hype is imploding. Way overpriced.
Screenshot_20221218-085143_Chrome.jpg
Most of these here are overpriced for that matter.

I’ve always thought it was fishy that Tesla was worth more than any other automobile manufacturer. You can’t tell me that it’s worth more than GM, Ford, or Toyota. Probably some others too. Combine that with a CEO who’s splitting his time with multiple ventures and it’s a recipe for failure. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Tesla is a growth company with rapidly expanding revenue, Ford and GM are established institutions with flat/declining revenue. They may all make vehicles, but they aren't the same beast.

Tesla is a growth company with rapidly expanding revenue, Ford and GM are established institutions with flat/declining revenue. They may all make vehicles, but they aren't the same beast.
Yeah that’s always the tough thing. What multiple is rational for the underlying company? Musk is also volatile. Not what I want for a CEO. Just my .02 which is more than I have invested in tesla

I get it, but it was still overvalued and maybe still is. There’s no way Tesla was a trillion dollar company.

Back