Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

That is what makes it so appealing to large group. You don't have a positive view of crypto, but can agree on the principle of government control (Fed in this case) being bad. Any idealistic view with a broad enough base lends itself to fraud. The funny thing is we didn't always have a Federal Reserve. We humans like to write stuff down, so anyone can look back at history and see how previous events without a Fed to control money supply turned out. Ironically, as much as we like to write stuff down, we also hate to read stuff.
I mostly just look at the pictures on hunting threads 🤷‍♂️

That is what makes it so appealing to large group. You don't have a positive view of crypto, but can agree on the principle of government control (Fed in this case) being bad. Any idealistic view with a broad enough base lends itself to fraud. The funny thing is we didn't always have a Federal Reserve. We humans like to write stuff down, so anyone can look back at history and see how previous events without a Fed to control money supply turned out. Ironically, as much as we like to write stuff down, we also hate to read stuff.
My idealistic view is limited government. I know. What a foolish concept.

My idealistic view is limited government. I know. What a foolish concept.
'Limited' is an undefinable word in this context. I am for 'Limited" government too. However, we might disagree on where the line is on various subjects. That is the tricky part about a democracy. We actually have to work together to solve problems.

Back to topic, there was limited governmental oversight of crypto. See how that worked out? We would agree that there was a lot of stupidity involved from a lot of people. Case in point...

The implosion of FTX was financially ruinous for some employees. Outside the U.S., many staff were paid via direct deposit to their accounts on the cryptocurrency exchange, so when FTX froze customer withdrawals last week, these employees couldn’t access their funds, people familiar with the matter said.

'Limited' is an undefinable word in this context. I am for 'Limited" government too. However, we might disagree on where the line is on various subjects. That is the tricky part about a democracy. We actually have to work together to solve problems.

Back to topic, there was limited governmental oversight of crypto. See how that worked out? We would agree that there was a lot of stupidity involved from a lot of people. Case in point...

The implosion of FTX was financially ruinous for some employees. Outside the U.S., many staff were paid via direct deposit to their accounts on the cryptocurrency exchange, so when FTX froze customer withdrawals last week, these employees couldn’t access their funds, people familiar with the matter said.
Sometimes the best lessons learned are the hard ones.

Did anyone buy farmland in NW IA in 2019/2020 for <$15k an acre? Might be a good time to sell.

I'm seeing more and more land buying investment schemes these days too. Ones that pool investor dollars and go out and buy farm ground with it. If they are buying up corn ground for 30k an acre....good luck with that!

More victims in this unfortunate tragedy. Biggest one being the 🌎.

Just a few months after winning his seventh Super Bowl in 2021, Brady and his then-wife Gisele Bündchen were each given equity stake in FTX, in addition to receiving some crypto. Brady served as an ambassador for the company and Bündchen was FTX's Environmental & Social Initiatives Advisor. The two also starred in several TV commercials for FTX.

"It's an incredibly exciting time in the crypto-world and Sam and the revolutionary FTX team continue to open my eyes to the endless possibilities," Brady said in 2021. "This particular opportunity showed us the importance of educating people about the power of crypto while simultaneously giving back to our communities and planet. We have the chance to create something really special here, and I can't wait to see what we're able to do together."

Sounds a lot like a cult!

More victims in this unfortunate tragedy. Biggest one being the 🌎.

Just a few months after winning his seventh Super Bowl in 2021, Brady and his then-wife Gisele Bündchen were each given equity stake in FTX, in addition to receiving some crypto. Brady served as an ambassador for the company and Bündchen was FTX's Environmental & Social Initiatives Advisor. The two also starred in several TV commercials for FTX.

"It's an incredibly exciting time in the crypto-world and Sam and the revolutionary FTX team continue to open my eyes to the endless possibilities," Brady said in 2021. "This particular opportunity showed us the importance of educating people about the power of crypto while simultaneously giving back to our communities and planet. We have the chance to create something really special here, and I can't wait to see what we're able to do together."

Sounds a lot like a cult!
A stake?.... for services and influence?

Not that I give a chit or vouch for the accuracy...

As per Forbes’ Chase Withorn, as of June 2021, Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen each held 0.15% and 0.09% of FTX, respectively. It is unknown how much money the ex-couple put into their shareholdings. Brady’s estimated stake was worth $45 million before cryptocurrency prices fell. On the other hand, Bündchen’s stakes were valued at $25 million.

I'm seeing more and more land buying investment schemes these days too. Ones that pool investor dollars and go out and buy farm ground with it. If they are buying up corn ground for 30k an acre....good luck with that!

It is local farmers buying. Most of them have much different goals/outlook on the land vs. investor groups. Most of the buyers already have large amounts of paid off land, 2022 profits are >$1,000/acre on owned land with current corn and soybean prices. They don't like other investments so buying more land that they plan to have in the family as generational wealth makes sense to them. Still will be some that it won't work out for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back