Anybody buy there MT tags yet?

I purchased my resident license today. Didn't apply for anything yet though. Hardest thing for me was figuring out how to change the laser printer settings at work to print the tags on waterproof paper. After I printed it the first time, tried to print it a second time from the link they sent and got the message I couldn't as I'd already printed it. My take away was to save it as a PDF, which I did.

So they sent my tags through the mail...to the wrong guy. I got some poor dude's tags who lives in Hamilton. Took them in and they reprinted mine. Hopefully nobody out there is filling my tags this year, as I assume they were mailed to someone else. My reciept showed that I purchased the sportsmans with bear, but they couldn't print me a bear tag. They said they will mail it when they get the issue figured out. Gotta love new systems, eh?

Mine went easy(for me). I mailed the supporting documents and a check to my mother and she drove the 40 miles into Missoula to buy it for me.

FWP assures me that the NRN will be available online shortly but I didn’t want to wait around in case it took longer than expected.

I printed on to Terra Slate 4 mil paper. Seems to be ok, a little pressure and rubbing you can smudge the ink. No that its much different than my wolf tag last season. I had bought it and stuffed it in my pants pocket, which got wet on a very raining Sept. day and I ended up with a white tag and a pockect of lime green slime.

Here is a question for you guys. My neighbor is new to the area, only been here a couple months now, expressed to me that he wants to start hunting. So since hes still 4 months out from being able to buy tags, that puts him out of the draw. He is still able to buy OTC tags when he hits his 6 months right? I cant imagine they would stop from buying the general elk and deer combo OTC after march.....

Printed mine out. Got the sportsman with bear. No bear tag printed and there aren’t dates on them to cut out?

Did you print from the email link you should have got after the purchase or the FWP receipt you got when you completed the purchase?

The receipt looks kinda like a tag but does not have the dates to cut out and also on the bottom it says to print from a separate email.

I did photo copy the tag once I printed it and the watermark all but disappeared. I did not mess with copier setting to see it I could get it to show. Figured somehow wardens were watching.

Printed mine out. Got the sportsman with bear. No bear tag printed and there aren’t dates on them to cut out?
Same thing with me. I had to go in and get them reprinted. They left me a voicemail today saying that they have the bear tag issue figured out and that they can print one for me if I come in.

I just got my stuff done over lunch. Bear tag didn't show up in the license portion of the receipt but the link that came in my email had the carcass tag.

I printed mine on Rite-in-the-Rain Brand paper so we'll see how it fairs...printed 3 copies just in case.

I printed on to Terra Slate 4 mil paper. Seems to be ok, a little pressure and rubbing you can smudge the ink. No that its much different than my wolf tag last season. I had bought it and stuffed it in my pants pocket, which got wet on a very raining Sept. day and I ended up with a white tag and a pockect of lime green slime.
Sometimes adjusting the printer settings is necessary to get the print quality and durability desired, and a lot of home printers may not provide the best quality to print on anything more than normal paper. If you use a laserjet at work change the printer setting to "vinyl" or "card stock" and that will help. This is more for the benefit of everyone since you've already printed yours @tjones .

I had the same thing with the Sportsman's with bear. Spent 25 minutes on hold to find out there's a problem with the bear tags and they will send them next week. I mentioned that that information would have been a nice little nugget to include in the letter that accompanied the tags....

Just got home from the local Bob Ward's. They printed my license, deer tag and my elk tag on waterproof paper. mtmuley

Did they charge you extra for it?
Nope. I just tried to smear the ink on the receipt portion and couldn't. Gonna put them in a bag anyway. The guy I talked to at the office supply store in Hamilton actually told me about the paper at BW's. mtmuley

I just got my stuff done over lunch. Bear tag didn't show up in the license portion of the receipt but the link that came in my email had the carcass tag.

I printed mine on Rite-in-the-Rain Brand paper so we'll see how it fairs...printed 3 copies just in case.
Nice, extra tags!

Nice, extra tags!
That's not my intent. The plastic paper and the specialty paper they previous printed on was pretty tough stuff (with the exception of the previous year when they mysteriously lost print) and I'm still suspect of the quality of the print on this rite-in-rain stuff. I'm not paying extra for reprints later down the road

If any of you purchased the OHV Trail Pass and haven't received it, I would give the FWP licensing office a call. I purchased it along with the sportsmans license and all my permit apps the beginning of the month. I had not received the OHV pass in the mail as of last Friday the 13th so I called the licensing office. Once I was able to speak to someone I got a "Oh, yea that wasn't assigned to anyone, sorry about that, I will take care of that right now and get it in the mail to you". So it sounds like items that are purchased which require FWP to mail it to you have to be assigned to someone to carry out the task and in my case that step was missed.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back