Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Anybody buy there MT tags yet?

RidgeRoamingRichard

I just bought my resident tags on Sunday, the first day of FWPs new online system. I ordered the Sportmans package with bear, but when I printed my tags, no bear kill tag. Just says "with bear" on sportsmans license. Also, there are no dates to cut out. Just says what type of license it is (deer, elk, turkey, etc). I've been trying to get ahold of them, but was wondering if anyone else has noticed issues.

Went into Helena FWP yesterday, same reason Your printout listing all your permissions and your waterfowl license should have printed out. If it didn't they can print you one out. If you ordered either of the Sportsman combos, carcass tags will be snail mailed out to you.

It's all a mess and a stop gap so probably going to be an issue long-term. I definitely would not be waiting to buy tags last minute this year.

Thanks! I finally got through to the main help desk and she said she thinks that everyone's tags that ordered Sunday and Monday were screwed up, and that they are reprinting and sending them all out via mail. Couldn't hang out on hold all day though so I never talked to licensing. I'll probably give them a couple days and then just go see them in person like you did.

Here is a neat one... I qualify as a ‘Non Resident Native’ which gets me half off the NR prices and I don’t have to draw the combo.
The regs say that I can buy it OTC at an FWP office......

If I was around to do that, I would be a resident.

I plan to call them and see if I can do it over the phone, but after the fiasco everyone had yesterday, I figure I’ll wait a few days because I’m sure the phone lines are flooded.

Sounds like everything is going par for the course as expected with FWP.

I understand the frustration. As a state employee, however, I can tell you FWP's budget has been slashed to hell just like ours was. We lost over 60 full time positions after the last legislative session. All departments are working with what we have, which is very little.

So, vote yes on ballot levies, pay your taxes, and hope for a political climate that values local government. Until then, we can expect long wait times, inefficiencies, and frustration on both sides.

Anybody tried to buy a NR Native license yet?

I wonder how that's going to work...you need a small file cabinet for all the information you need...

The regulations say you can do it at any FWP office.
I don’t know about you, but the part about not living in Montana makes that a tough one for me. I have to assume I can do it over the phone then somehow submit the stuff they need?

The regulations say you can do it at any FWP office.
I don’t know about you, but the part about not living in Montana makes that a tough one for me. I have to assume I can do it over the phone then somehow submit the stuff they need?

Last couple years, I've just sent all my stuff to my Dad or Brother and then they walk into the office and buy it for me. Probably have to do the same thing again this year I guess.

Here is a neat one... I qualify as a ‘Non Resident Native’ which gets me half off the NR prices and I don’t have to draw the combo.
The regs say that I can buy it OTC at an FWP office......

If I was around to do that, I would be a resident.

I plan to call them and see if I can do it over the phone, but after the fiasco everyone had yesterday, I figure I’ll wait a few days because I’m sure the phone lines are flooded.

Sounds like everything is going par for the course as expected with FWP.

How did you do it before, or is this your first year applying as a "native?" I always went in and got my license in person. If there is an easier way that would be awesome. Flight schedules and office hours rarely line up for me and its a 100mile RT to get licenses.

How did you do it before, or is this your first year applying as a "native?" I always went in and got my license in person. If there is an easier way that would be awesome. Flight schedules and office hours rarely line up for me and its a 100mile RT to get licenses.

Last year was my first year doing it and it had to be done by snail mail last year. I filled out the paper app, printed off all needed proof such as family members driver license etc, got a money order at the post office, and mailed it off.
It’s not accepted by snail mail this year.

Last year was my first year doing it and it had to be done by snail mail last year. I filled out the paper app, printed off all needed proof such as family members driver license etc, got a money order at the post office, and mailed it off.
It’s not accepted by snail mail this year.

Maybe you can convince them to use the latest technology, called email?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back