Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Anybody buy there MT tags yet?

This morning I got online and got my sportsmans with bear, applied for almost every permit available and the new required off highway vehicle pass. I find it funny that you can apply for spring turkey and bison for 2020 but fwp doesn't even have the 2020 regulations on the website yet for those species. Ended up costing $278 with all the fees. I did get the emails, including one that has a link for printing tags but haven't clicked on that yet to print as I will deal with that later this evening.

Last edited:
Anybody tried to buy a NR Native license yet?

I wonder how that's going to work...you need a small file cabinet for all the information you need...

It’s not much different than it was the last few years, except that payment is made online before mailing in verification docs.

I did mine last night. Log on to purchase a license like normal. When purchasing license select “family sponsor” for the license you want. (Why it isn’t called “NR Native” is beyond me and par for the course.) Once the license(s) are paid for you, you will be sent a link for a page to be printed and filled out. Include your DL, Birth Cert, etc as you have done in years past and mail to them. I’m expecting my tags to be mailed to me once they verify my eligibility.

I printed my receipt to save just in case.

It’s not much different than it was the last few years, except that payment is made online before mailing in verification docs.

I did mine last night. Log on to purchase a license like normal. When purchasing license select “family sponsor” for the license you want. (Why it isn’t called “NR Native” is beyond me and par for the course.) Once the license(s) are paid for you, you will be sent a link for a page to be printed and filled out. Include your DL, Birth Cert, etc as you have done in years past and mail to them. I’m expecting my tags to be mailed to me once they verify my eligibility.

Probably wont do it that way...applying for a party application with my Dad, Brother, and 2 nephews for a deer permit so I'll just mail my file cabinet to them and they can go down and get my license there. I'm not going to trust the time spent back and forth with mail and miss the deer permit deadline.

Ducked in to the Bozeman office today and hit a lull. Paper tags aside, I like the one stop and done aspect.
Now if people would do their homework and have their unit #'s BEFORE they step in line.
One old fart that could barely walk put in for everything. Didnt even care which units.
I swear there should be a fitness requirement in order to put in for the extreme hunts.

I think you applied for the ‘Come Home to Hunt’ which is different, and only has 500 available that you have to apply for.
If you draw, you’ll be required to hunt with your relative sponsor.

Yep, you're right...I guess it was the price that was lumped together that was the same.

What would be the advantage to applying for the come home to hunt tag, versus just buying the Native NR OTC I wonder?

Yep, you're right...I guess it was the price that was lumped together that was the same.

What would be the advantage to applying for the come home to hunt tag, versus just buying the Native NR OTC I wonder?

Come home to hunt is for anybody that has previously HELD a Resident license and has a family member that is a resident that holds a hunting license. You’re required to draw it out of a pool of 500 and required to hunt with your relative.

NR Native is for people BORN in Montana that still have a resident relative. You don’t compete for it and you can hunt with anybody or alone.

I think you applied for the ‘Come Home to Hunt’ which is different, and only has 500 available that you have to apply for.
If you draw, you’ll be required to hunt with your relative sponsor.

I just logged on to the license purchase portion of MTFWP site. The options available have changed since I purchased my licenses. NR Native was not an option when I logged on last night. Now that I'm logged on, the option for "NR Native big game combo" isn't available, only "gen deer" and "gen elk" which leads me to believe I did apply for the NR Native big game combo. The paper portion of the app that I submitted was for the NR Native. I'll give MTFWP a call and see what they say.

I'm still with Bambistew, why cant I just scan the required documents in and provide that stuff to the FWP via email?

I'm still with Bambistew, why cant I just scan the required documents in and provide that stuff to the FWP via email?

An even better question is why do I have to submit all the documents annually? My birth certificate and MT hunter's education card won't ever change. Why can't those things, along with my DL (that doesn't expire til 2023) be kept digitally along with my address, phone, email etc that they are able to store and auto populate each time I log on?

Yeah seems to be a bit of a train wreck at fwp. I had same issues sportsman with bear didn't include bear tag, initially the link to print didn't work although the next afternoon it worked for deer and elk. Applied for all species and still shows no pending draws on my fwp account although the items held for 2020 transferred right away. I talked to a licensing person on the phone and she thanked me for bringing it to her attention and told me to keep an eye on it. Still nothing 2 days later. Seems sketchy

After a 30 minute hold w MTFWP, the official word is that the NR Native apps are "still being worked out."

I dunno why they have to make it more complex . I just did my app for big game combo and elk permit and it was many more questions than before and just more complicated . I went into my Fwp and looks like I entered it all correct but it’s more complicated than it needs to be . $1193 . Cough cough

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back