Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Any wolf killing?

A wealthy out-of-state owner. I know guys that work on the ranch, so called one of them. He happened to be on the place so I told him where they were. I wasn't surprised about no access, but thought it worth a try. mtmuley

Called one into 20 yards a couple weeks ago west of Dillon. Wish I had bought a tag, but he boogies out pretty quick once we locked eyes anyway.

Wish I had bought a tag??? THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU BRO!!! LOL

You should ALWAYS have at least one woof tag in pocket at all times......rookie;) Cmon Dan, you know better than that:D:D:D

The Ted Turner kind.............
This landowner isn't that type. It isn't that they are against killing wolves, they don't allow ANY access of any kind. I have some contacts there and thought I might get lucky. Cut the wolf tracks today, headed back tomorrow. mtmuley

According to my latest NRA American Hunter magazine, a hunter (former combat veteran) was scouting for pre season deer stand areas in Wisconsin when he was attacked by 3 wolves. He kicked the lead attacker in the head and then shot it with a .380 acp. The others fled into the timber with the wounded one. Wisconsin DNR & the Feds are investigating the incident

According to my latest NRA American Hunter magazine, a hunter (former combat veteran) was scouting for pre season deer stand areas in Wisconsin when he was attacked by 3 wolves. He kicked the lead attacker in the head and then shot it with a .380 acp. The others fled into the timber with the wounded one. Wisconsin DNR & the Feds are investigating the incident
Saw that awhile ago. BS I bet. mtmuley

Saw that awhile ago. BS I bet. mtmuley

I don't think that it was bs. I read the story in a couple different places. He dinged the one wolf and it did bleed for a bit, but obviously was not seriously injured. The authorities found no dead wolf.

Wisconsin is overrun with the damn things.

Love the elk/wolf pic!!!! Lucky and good 1 pointer!!!!
Congrats to all you boys,tjones always posting those gorgeous trophies!!!!
-
We don't have wolves in CO :)

Not a big Montana wolf . Drew a Wisconsin tag in 2013 and trapped this young one in the farmland of southern Wisconsin , many miles from any confirmed wolf packs . Hopefully unlisting will reoccur and we will get a season again next year.

Attachments

• DSCN0249.jpg
    DSCN0249.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,547
A friend of mine was driving some trails on private lands looking for lion tracks. Said he crossed a ton of wolf tracks but one was the size of a dinner plate. He's one to exaggerate but he knows a big track when he sees one. Gonna have to get out and whack a few. Considering I didn't fill my deer or elk tag it might be the only meat I'll get. haha.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back