Any wolf killing?

Fresh wolf tracks near our horses and cattle on Wednesday night. Sat last night and will try again this morning. Looks like two wolves, and they're marking lots of territory on the ranch and the USFS lands surrounding us. Wolf tag valid and very excited!

Cool pictures it never stops amazing me how big they look once someone is taking a picture with one.

Well, I am sitting in a motel in Gardiner waiting for our helicopter to show up so I can get to work. Might not make it today, so if anyone has a lead on somewhere in the paradise valley for me to have a look for wolves this afternoon...I'd take any help I can get.

I went up Joe Brown yesterday and saw 40-50 elk and lots of coyote tracks but no sign of wolves.

Greenhorn,
Did you kill a wolf? I missed the story and pics other than the carcass.
Theat, I am not up to speed but I believe that 313 is a quota area for wolves. You might check on it prior to hunting.

Not sure about over there, but can you wolf hunt the Dome Mtn WMA or is that closed or in the permit area? If not that's, where I'd go. Sheep creek/Stans Basin.

Pretty sure since its a WMA, Dome Mountain is off limits, but it is well north of 313. I might head up six mile and hunt behind the WMA.

Dome is closed but I have heard thats the place to go before its closed. If you can get back up behind it you might have a good chance. I haven't heard of anyone having any luck recently though. Nor do I know how much snow is in there right now

I still can't believe how many times I hear the same old "I didn't have a wolf tag and had one at 30 yards." Why the hell wouldn't you have a tag? If you hunt deer and elk you should be required to have a wolf tag.

You only need a tag if you intend to take it to taxidermist. I haven't seen one that qualifies for that yet. Shoot and SHUTUP!!

Originally Posted by ricknmontana
You only need a tag if you intend to take it to taxidermist. I haven't seen one that qualifies for that yet. Shoot and SHUTUP!!

Rick, I'm wondering if that's also your approach to elk hunting.

Gonna jump start this thread since most Northern Rocky Deer and elk seasons are over. I saw a few pics of wolves earlier, Congrats on them. Anyone else getting some or having encounters?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back