Any HTers from Saratoga WY or close by?

Redman

My niece took an internship at the Brush Creek Ranch. She arrived today and was told she was not going to stay at the ranch as per the agreement but instead was told she would be staying at a trailer park in Saratoga. Needless to say she and her parents are very upset. My brother told her to call the University that arranged everything and let them know the situation. He told her if they didn't put her on the Ranch as agreed to come back home to Indiana. I told him that I have never been to Saratoga but spent a lot of time about 75 miles from there in the same county and that the area seemed to have a lot of decent folks. I told him I would reach out on here and get some info on the are and maybe someone would even be kind enough to help her out if she needed something.
She has never been out "West" before and this little set back has dampened her spirits and I hate for her to throw in the towel because of it.

I have good friends that own the dude ranch right up the road from brush creek. I was also contracted to build a zip line and ropes course for brush creek and there were nights we had to sleep in tents and find our own lodging. Business practices can be interesting. Pm me and I’ll get you in touch with my friends dude ranch. It’s called the medicine bow lodge.

FWIW. contact the local law enforcement agency and inquire of the specific trailer park she is to be staying in. If it's an area they spend a lot of time in they will tell you
My brother already called them, he was the chief of police in my town and still helps out as a law enforcement officer. He said they told him it was a decent trailer park and not any issues to be concerned about. My niece contacted her college and they got her into a house with a roommate. Still 20 miles from the ranch but she is much more comfortable with that.

Just an update. My "second dad" and hunting partner a retired Airforce CO that happens to work at the University my niece is attending said to get ahold of the university and if that didn't work he would get evolved. They didn't get her on the Ranch but moved her in with a 32 year old graduate from the same university. They are living in a house and not a trailer. It is still a 20+ mile drive but she is fine with that. There have been a few PM's offering to help! Her parents and her feel so much better knowing this. Thank you HT family for being there if needed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back